Take ownership of stories and drive them to completion through all phases of the entire SDLC. This includes external facing and internal applications as well as process improvement activities such as:
- Lead design of Java/Spring Boot or Python/Flask based solutions
- Perform development of Java/Spring Boot or Python/Flask based solutions
- Exposure Big Data paradigms (particularly Spark/PySpark) a plus but not required.
- Experience in GCP (DataProc, DataFlow, BiqQuery, Kubernetes) also a plus but not required.
- Perform unit and integration testing
- Be a quality advocate
- Participate in retrospective reviews
- Participate in the estimation process for new work and releases
- Be driven to improve yourself and the way things are done
Detailed Technology Context:
Pivotal Cloud Foundry is our Platform as a Service layer. We are deploying SpringBoot Services (Java) and Angular5/6 UI. We follow Cloud Native and Microservice Architecture patterns. We emphasize pushing to the left in terms of automation, enabling the Scrum teams to do this work: unit and smoke test automation (UI and Services layer), database automation using FlyWay, continuous Integration and Delivery enabled through TeamCity, and Container development using Docker for some use cases (all automated through GitHub, TeamCity, Artifactory).
We are currently operating hybrid cloud as we progress to a full public cloud solution in Google Cloud Platform. Pivotal Cloud Foundry is Korger private data center hosted with persistent data service provided by MS SQL Server. SQL Server likely transitions to MySQL or PostgreSQL once we move PCF to GCP.
EFK stack for Search capability: ElasticSearch, FluentD, Kibana.
We leverage several Google fully managed capabilities including Google Cloud Composer to deliver Airflow, Google DataProc for Spark/Distributed compute, Google Pub/Sub for loosely coupled and event driven system design, Google StackDriver for logging and messaging to name a few.
We have some use cases that leverage deploying Docker containers to Kubernetes. Kubernetes expertise is nice to have but Kroger team manages Kubernetes, so the Docker container development skillset is more important, with awareness that deployment target is Kubernetes.
We use Apache Airflow for orchestration. Python knowledge is required to effectively develop on this stack.
We use Jira for work management and have a variety of tools to enable remote collaboration, generally rallying around Slack and Confluence.
Generally finding that full stack development (with SME in specific area) and developers with aptitude and willingness to learn can quickly upskill and contribute. Desire to drive autonomy to teams and push to the left in terms of automation and cross functional teams that are empowered to do work instead of submitting tickets.
Minimum Skills required: 5+ years of Development
- 4+ years experience with Spring Boot
- Proficient with automated testing
- Test automation and CI/CD (TeamCity preferred)
- Microservice architecture patterns are a plus
- Proficient with VCS (Git preferred)
- Understanding SOLID principles
- Proficient managing dependencies of multiple projects (Maven, Gradle, Yarn, NPM)
- Experience with DevOps (creating and delivering necessary automation)
- Collaborate with senior resources to ensure consistent development practices
- Strong understanding of Agile Principles (Scrum, Kanban)
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.