Client is seeking a Civil Engineering Software Support Engineer to assist in providing statewide support for the Department's CADD and Civil Engineering software. The candidate will be responsible for providing internal and external customer support, performing QA checks of survey data, integrating third party software into the Department's CADD environment, developing technical documents, and developing and conducting software training sessions as needed.
This work is performed predominantly in an office setting. The chosen individual will be part of dynamic team of engineering professionals who provide software support for the various civil engineering software utilized by the Department. Limited overnight travel may be needed as part of these duties.
The following are minimum requirements for consideration for this position:
- Associate or Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or closely related field
- 5 years work experience in civil or transportation engineering, roadway design, or bridge design. Professional Engineer license may substitute as proof of experience.
- Demonstrated experience with civil engineering software.
- Possess the ability to learn quickly and retain knowledge without repeated instruction and be detail oriented
- Possess the ability to work independently with minimal instruction and supervision
The following are preferred for consideration for this position:
- Documented Bentley InRoads and/or MicroStation experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of GDOT survey feature codes
- Demonstrated knowledge of GDOT Survey Processing Guidelines
- Knowledge of GDOT Electronic Data Guidelines (EDG)
- Knowledge of GDOT Plan Presentation Guide (PPG)
- Knowledge of GDOT civil design standards