LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world's largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell (www.lyondellbasell.com) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.Basic Function
The Extrusion Coating AD&TS Engineer provides technical support to strategic customers and creates customer and market opportunities for LyondellBasell through applications development and technical service activities in targeted market segments, with a focus on Extrusion Coating. They will also be expected to lead product and application development programs in support of market segment strategies.Roles & Responsibilities
- Provides targeted technical support to strategic external customers, as well as internal customers such as Business, Sales and Manufacturing.
- Understands customer and market needs, translates these into resin requirements/specifications, and works with cross functional groups to frame these into value added opportunities.
- Investigates and resolves customer complaints regarding product performance or quality with a long-term focus on manufacturing excellence.
- Initiates and manages value added product and applications development projects in collaboration with other functions including Business, Product Development and Manufacturing
- Supports profitable product line growth through customer qualifications of new, improved or existing products.
- Participates in and / or leads various activities related to LyondellBasell's product stewardship protocol.
- Provides support to manufacturing plants including process improvement initiatives and other activities aimed at operational excellence and continuous improvement.
- Known as the Subject Matter Expert for their specific area.
Primary Internal and External Touch Points
- Customer: Technical Management and Engineers, Manufacturing Management and Engineers, Quality Assurance Engineers and Line Operators
- Internal: Marketing Managers, Account Representatives, Product Development and R&D Researchers, Manufacturing and Production Engineers, Product Safety Consultants, Specifications Management Consultants, Operations Planners and Supply Chain Representatives
- Industry Associations and Regulatory Bodies: Legislators, Standards Groups and other Industry experts
- Position requires a University / College degree in Chemical, Polymer, Materials, Mechanical or related engineering discipline.
- The candidate must be able to establish excellent customer relationships, be an effective communicator (both written and oral) and have an advanced level of technical competency.
- Must also be customer focused, results oriented, problem solver, collaborative, have advanced project management and leadership skills.
- The position requires 20 - 50% travel within the US, Mexico and Canada.
- Polyethylene and polypropylene extrusion coating processing experience would be a plus.
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Cincinnati