LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2020, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the 'World's Most Admired Companies' for the third consecutive year.
Materials Management Administrator is responsible for all of the same requirements as MM Tech I, II, III plus the below responsibilities. Responsible for the day-to-day evaluation, replenishment and accuracy of warehouse stock. Accountable for ensuring the warehouse is organized for efficient and logical flow as well as sound business judgment to standardize procedures and exercise best practices to support plant operations and maintenance. In sites where there is no Site MM Supervisor position, the Administrator is also responsible for Materials Management operational activities for the location, including ensuring proper resources are available and assisting in organizing personnel to complete work in a timely, cost effective manner. They are also responsible for maintaining best practices and processes through communication to site personnel. Delegated authority of the MM Supervisor in the event of absence for site specific issues and responses. May be permanently assigned the Leader role at smaller sites. Be available for on-call on a rotational basis. Respond to callouts- exercise independent judgment and decision making as it relates to proper inventory handling and control.
Roles & Responsibilities
1) Demonstrated Leadership ability.
2) Proficient in the use of a company wide computer system to effectively manage the business of the warehouse and support internal customers.
3) Organizational skills to effectively handle planned work order material and process material requests.
4) Advanced knowledge of all MM Tech responsibilities including SAP.
5) Thorough knowledge of Inventory Analysis techniques including disposition of materials through Investment Recovery.
6) Thorough knowledge of the Maintenance Operations Workflow Process (MOWP).
7) Familiar with employee time recording system.
8) In depth knowledge of physical inventories, replenishment, vendor interface, and billing/payment.
9) Familiarity with Materials Management industry best practices including Integrated Suppliers, Vendor Stocking, Electronic Commerce, Electronic Data Interchange (EDI), Stockless Inventory, Bar-coding and Supply Chain Management.
10) Process and manage materials through Master Data Governance (MDG).
11) Thorough knowledge of Zone Stores process.
12) Understanding of business processes and procedures, Materials Management and Purchasing processes and work flow to actively seek continuous improvement.
13) Strong interpersonal skills and leadership attributes are key to the ability to manage the day-to-day activity and implement long range goals. At sites where there is no Site Supervisor position, the Administrator must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills to effectively coordinate material support for Operations & Maintenance activities.
Minimum of High School degree or equivalent, college degree preferred.
Minimum of 6 years warehouse/inventory expertise or equivalent experience.
Builds effective teamsCollaboratesCultivates innovationCustomer focusDemonstrates courageDrives resultsEnsures accountabilityInstills trust and exemplifies integrity
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Chicago