The Intersect Group is seeking an API Engineer for our client in Irving, Texas. The API Engineer will have a strong and continuously growing proficiency in RESTful API development focused on Node.js. This includes actively participating in designing, developing, reviewing, testing, and deploying APIs, including supporting infrastructure to drive digital products.
- Executes full product life-cycle (inception through deprecation) to create highly scalable and flexible RESTful APIs to enable an infinite number of digital products.
- Collaborates with other Engineers, Creative/UX designers, Scrum Masters, Product Managers, Business Analysts and Architects.
- API Engineer must have expertise in Node.js
- Knowledgeable in cloud platforms (preferable AWS: both traditional EC2 and serverless Lambda), micro-services architecture, CI/CD solutions (including Docker), DevOps principles, message queue systems, and background task management.
- Experience with API security frameworks, token management and user access control including OAuth, JWT, etc.
- Solid foundation and understanding of relational and NoSQL database principles.
- 3-5 years of experience in product development as engineer or senior engineer.
- Ability to work in an Agile /SCRUM environment.
- Well organized with a bias for action with minimal direction.
- A team player with a start-up/entrepreneur mindset.
- Ravenous about learning technology and problem solving.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
Interested candidates please send resume in Word format to Please reference job code 70320 when responding to this ad.