Analysts is looking for qualified candidates for three AV Install Technician roles with our direct client in Charlotte, NC. These are 4-to-6-month contracts with potential for extension. Must reside in the Charlotte area.
- AV Install Technician will perform installation tasks for audio visual projects including but not limited to pulling cable, installing connectors, mounting projects and metal fabrication.
- Qualified candidates should have commercial AV experience, have their own tools, be able to terminate cable, shield cable, dress cable, and install AV equipment.
- Crestron experience preferred. Doesn't need to be an expert at Crestron, just able to physically install the devices.
AV Install Technician - Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform installation tasks for audio visual projects including but not limited to: pulling cable, installing connectors, mounting projects and metal fabrication
- Read and interpret electronic schematics and architectural blueprints
- Use hand and power tools to solder and crimp connectors along with various other AV systems related tasks
- Assist with basic mechanical fabrication and basic rack wiring
- Projector and screen support structure installations
- Test point to point functionality of systems
- Mentor Level I Technicians
- Communicate daily job site status to the Project Manager
- Work with manufacturers to initiate return material authorizations as needed
- Review equipment list with customer upon delivery
- Travel to various Charlotte job sites required
AV Install Technician - Skills and Abilities
- Minimum of 2 years of audiovisual installation experience preferred
- Effectively communicate with employees, customers, and colleagues
- Ability to use hand and power tools in a safe and efficient manner
- Ability to work and think independently and ensuring to meet deadlines
- Basic computer knowledge
- Knowledge of basic signal flow for audio, video, and control
AV Install Technician - Education and/or training
- Formal education in Electronics or related field preferred
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Preferred External Training:
- InfoComm Quick Start to the audiovisual industry
- InfoComm CTS General Certification
- OSHA 10-Hour Construction Course
- Extron AV Associate Certification
- Crestron Professional Installation Certification
- AMX Intro to Networking for AV Professionals