Security Clearance required: Secret
US Citizenship Required
Location: Quantico, VA
Position Summary: The AV/VTC Technician will be a part of an AV/VTC team that provides installation, configuration, maintenance, sustainment, operational support, monitoring, and administration of audio visual and Video Teleconference (VTC) equipment and events in both classroom and auditorium settings for the Marine Corps University.
- Operate complex audiovisual systems in MCU auditoriums in support of MCU events. Configure and troubleshoot problems with basic audiovisual and associated computer equipment in classrooms.
- Facilitate and monitor all A/V Booth controls and operations (Lighting, Sound, Music, Microphones, Projectors, PC/Laptop, DVD players, Stage Set-Up, Etc.) in the facility's main auditorium.
- Facilitate and monitor unclassified/classified PowerPoint briefs for command staff training, conferences, high profile guest speakers, ceremonies, graduations, etc.
- Conduct arrangements for VTC sessions involving MCU VTC assets. Configure VTC equipment for proper operation and troubleshoot problems that occur before or during VTC sessions.
- Prepare discussion panel sessions for VTC conference calls.
- Provide real-time on-site monitoring and trouble-shooting of in progress video conference sessions.
- Assist users with scheduling and coordinating new and existing video conference requirements.
- Setup, initiate, and conduct operational checks for briefings and video conferences within USMC facilities.
- Instruct MCU personnel in the proper operation of the VTC system and perform physical setup of classrooms, when required
- Responding to customer trouble calls and tracking tickets in the IT/AV tracking software.
- Collecting requirements from customers to meet needs.
- Supporting High level events to include venue rehearsals and coordination.
- Providing tier 3 support for all AV/VTC systems in the MCU environment.
- Coding, configuring, management, and installation of AV systems, installing AV related equipment to include, but not limited to, AV switching devices, VTC, camera, audio and video.
- Provide tier 3 support for auditorium production equipment such as lighting, camera, mics and recording events.
- Operate complex smart board/MondoPad systems in MCU auditoriums and classrooms in support of MCU events. Configure and troubleshoot problems with smart board equipment, to include imaging and connections to the MCU network.
- Coordinate with the IA Task Lead to incorporate required IA controls into network and data center design and provide information security for MCU networks.
- Monitor and display proper maintenance on all A/V equipment for repairs including renewing fully charged batteries.
- Monitor all software updates for InFocus Mondopad's and Microsoft Office for each device in all classrooms and conference rooms in the facility.
- Assist other team members as required to provide the customer with the superior level of support.
- Maintain an open and clear communication with MCU's IET Helpdesk Support and Student/Faculty on all issues related to A/V and VTC matters on campus.
- US Citizenship is a requirement of this position in accordance with 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a)(2)(C)
- DOD 8570 IAT Level II Certification required (GSEC, Security+ CE, SSCP or CCNA-Security).
- Possess knowledge and experience in the operation of digital audiovisual systems like Haivision, V-Brick, AMX, and Cisco.
- Possess knowledge and experience in configuring VTC systems and establishing and maintaining connectivity with other VTC sites.
- Must be able to provide audio visual system operational coverage of MCU events outside of normal working hours and the capacity to surge support in times of event saturation.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Demonstrated leadership, excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong team player; self-assured, confident, and goal-oriented.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities and delegate effectively.
- Ability to solve problems and translate policies into daily routine operations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Technology industry.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, this position requires the ability to sit for potentially long periods of time throughout the workday. Hearing sufficient to understand conversations, both in person and on the telephone. Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components for potentially long periods of time without experiencing abnormal hand, wrist, or eye strain. Occasional inspection of cables in floors and ceilings. Lifting and transporting moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Work Environment: Includes a typical office environment, with minimal exposure to excessive noise or adverse environmental issues, including exposure to heat, cold, inclement weather conditions, and occasional environmental hazards. Local, regional, and national travel may be required.
Medical, Dental, Vision Plan
AD&D and Life Insurance
Paid Federal Holidays
Paid Time Off
401(k) Retirement Plan
Epsilon is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. EEO/AA: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Vets.
Please click here to review your rights under EEO policy.
If you are an individual with a disability and need special assistance or reasonable accommodation in applying for employment with Epsilon, Inc., please contact our Recruiting department by phone 828-398-5414 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.