The Cloud Administrator implements operational solutions for applications hosted in the cloud. Is responsible for:
- monitoring, troubleshooting, and resolving infrastructure issues, performing standard infrastructure procedures such as patching/upgrades and documenting operational procedures.
- Working closely with development, architecture, security and other operations teams to complete assignments.
- Working across multiple phases of the software development lifecycle (SDLC) including build, test, operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides direct support to cloud operational environments on a day-to-day basis including the software installation, configuration, upgrades, security patches and planned maintenance as required.
- Assists in basic analysis including planning, designing, and evaluating a variety of information technology tools.
- Monitors, diagnoses, and resolves problems and performs analysis in relation to cloud operations in the cloud environment.
- Troubleshoots and resolves basic problems in an efficient manner while adhering to proper escalation and change control procedures.
- Performs first-level incident response and assures services resolution for cloud systems.
- Assists in root cause analysis, diagnostics, and monitoring on various production systems.
- Effectively creates and maintains relevant cloud systems documentation and user guides.
- Monitors status and performance of backup and/or storage systems and configures monitoring systems.
- Interacts with external technology vendors and internal teams to troubleshoot issues and implement solutions.
- Applies scripting methodologies to automate IT administrative related tasks.
- Responds timely to user requests for permission changes, file restores, virtual machine restores, new storage, and expansion requests.
- Associate's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, or related field; Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- 0-3 years of experience working with infrastructures
- 0-1 years of experience with vendor cloud platforms.
- AWS certification in any of the following - Systems Ops (preferred), Solutions Architect, Developer
- Associate or Professional Level Competency with the following AWS services: EC2, EBS, S3, RDS, VPC, ELB/ALB, IAM
- Experience in managing Linux and/or systems with system operations with tools such as Ansible, Azkaban, Redhat Satellite
- Experience working on containers like Docker
- Experience working on the monitoring tools like Splunk, AppDynamics or xMatters
Other Job Specific Skills
- Hands-on experience supporting enterprise server, backup and/or storage solutions within the cloud construct.
- General application of backup and/or storage principles, theories, and concepts within the cloud construct.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Troubleshooting knowledge to include the areas of storage, backups, server operating systems and networks.
- Working knowledge of Service Provider and/or Cloud providers.
- Cloud command line scripting skills.
- Documentation skills to include creating and updating detailed environment design, installation, and support documentation.
- Good communication, project & priority management, and collaboration skills.
- Knowledge of information life-cycle management concepts and best practices.