Location: Dallas, TX
Type: Direct Hire/FTE
U.S. Citizens, Green Card Holders, and those authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer will be considered.
Responsibilities and skills include:
- Implement security architectures for cloud cloud/hybrid systems
- Thoroughly document implementations, via technical documentation and run-books for the client
- Provide input and feedback on security architectures
- Possess a firm understanding of the offerings and capabilities within Amazon Web Services (AWS), GCP, and Microsoft Azure platforms
- Possess a solid understanding and have experience with systems automation platforms and technologies.
- Represent Security Platform in development and implementation of the overall global cloud enterprise architecture
- Customer facing role – Walk thru to white boarding of architecture and implementation planning to stakeholders
- College degree or/equivalent and 5 years' related work experience, required
- 2-4 years' experience with Security Architect and/or Engineering.
- 2-3 years' experience with Cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Experience architecting solutions within Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, GCP
- Experience with assessment, development, implementation, optimization, and documentation of a comprehensive and broad set of security technologies and processes (secure software development (Application Security), data protection, cryptography, key management, identity and access management (IAM), network security) within SaaS, IaaS, PaaS, and other cloud environments.
- Working knowledge of common and industry standard cloud-native/cloud-friendly authentication mechanisms (OAuth, OpenID, etc).
- Experience with deployment orchestration, automation, and security configuration management (Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, Cloudformation, Terraform, Ansible) preferred.
- Experience with service-oriented architecture for cloud-based services.
- Experience working with cloud security and governance tools, cloud access security brokers (CASBs), and server virtualization technologies.
- Experience with enterprise applications (architecture, development, support, and troubleshooting).
- Proficiency in scripting programming languages – Python, JSON, Ruby, C#, Powershell, YAML
- Experience and exposure to threat modeling and design reviews to assess security implications and requirements for introduction of new technologies.
- Experience representing technical viewpoints to diverse audiences and in making timely and prudent technical risk decisions.
- Experience with enterprise architecture and working as part of a cross-functional team to implement solutions.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction; self-starter/self-motivated
- Technical writing experience
**If this is not a fit for you or you are not interested, Ascent Services Group offers an excellent Referral Bonus! We look forward to hearing from you!
About Ascent: The Ascent Services Group (ASG) is a nationally recognized technology staffing and consulting firm whose fundamental business is providing staffing services to Small, Medium, and Large Enterprise clients in our core market verticals: Financial Services, Healthcare, Technology and Life Sciences. As consultants for ASG, you will have access to many of the top clients within the industries we serve. Our goal is to deliver innovative talent through proven best practices and effective resource optimization. Become one of ASG’s candidates and experience the difference!