Our TEKsystems partner is currently building out an additional AWS Cloud team and is seeking an experienced AWS Dev-Ops Developer/Engineer. This project is in response to current events in which the financial industry is currently challenged with trying to respond to AWS Cloud vulnerability.
Considering new security concerns, this organization is striving to increase compliance standards in correspondence to their cloud environment.
This Dev-Ops Developer will be responsible for leading the creation of the AWS environment by doing the following:
- Design, develop, and deliver infrastructure automation scripts using automation frameworks like Terraform & Ansible.
- Design, develop, and deliver reusable software modules.
- Deploy, maintain, and support development tools that aid in CI/CD activities.
- Create deployment automation scripts for a variety of different types of applications.
- Develop and execute automated testing scripts for a variety of applications.
- Design and implement testing and delivery strategies based on application types that will be incorporated into DevOps.
- Provide training on tool implementation and serve as the subject matter expert for CI/CD automation and test automation tools.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 2-5 years of Dev-Ops Development experience
- Associate Solution Architect, Developer certification
- Linux/Unix administration.
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (AWS experience required).
- Experience with a variety of database technologies. Common databases: SQL, Access, MySQL, Postgres, and/or Mongo
- Experience with scripting languages such as PHP, Python, Perl, and/or Ruby.
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery tools and best practices.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Professional Solutions Architect, DevOps Engineer certification.
- Experience with Docker/Kubernetes in a production environment.
- Monitoring tools such as Dynatrace, Cloudwatch, Splunk, ELK, or equivalent.
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service.
- Experience with automation/configuration management using Terrafrom, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, or an equivalent.
This opportunity is a contract placement - currently, this project is slated for 9 months. Although, there is a possibility of the contract being extended and/or being converted to a full-time employee.
Standard M-F, 8am-5pm, 40-hour work week. Business Casual and Agile Environment.
Candidates must be legally eligible for employment in the US and Client does not offer sponsorship.
This is an immediate need, so apply today to be considered for this opportunity.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.