Leidos is looking to hire an AWS Systems Engineer to work with/on a software deployment team. THe qualified candidate will work hand-in-hand with the Chief Architect (CA), Chief Engineer (CE), deployment Scrum Master, and the Program Management Leadership team to help design and engineer the next generation desktop and web based production and dissemination system. This position will require experience across multiple System Engineering domains with a focus on standing up and maintaining cloud environments, and the deployment of custom code, COTS, and GOTS to those environments with a Geospatial focus.
This position involves leading systems engineering activities that support building and delivering new and innovative systems to implement analytics, exploitation, production and dissemination using web, remote desktop, and cloud technologies.
Basic Qualifications :
- Experience with Amazon Web services (AWS)
- System (hardware, software and networking) Design and Architecture.
- Familiarity with the geospatial domain and technologies (ArcGIS, WMS, WFS, KML).
- Understanding of SW development methodologies (Agile), Cost and work Estimation (Excel).
- Requires BS and 4-8 years of prior relevant experience OR Masters with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience; OR an additional 4 years of experience in lieu of degree
- Must currently posses an active Ts/SCI, with ability to obtain a Polygraph post hire
- TS/SCI Polygraph
- Experience deploying GIS, specifically ESRI ArcGIS systems
- Experience with various AWS capabilities and services
- Experience writing, maintaining, and describing architecture diagrams
This position is located in Gaithersburg, MD, Chantilly, or Springfield.