Ab Initio Developer Summary:
Signature Consultants has an opportunity for an Ab Initio Developer in Charlotte, NC. This position will work with business partners and Analysts to understand requirements, work with other developers on the team to build and execute on the ETL, and work with QA to validate the work. The candidate's responsibilities will include ensuring all technical code and artifacts are accurate, successful and well documented, communicating issues or timeline changes to management, ensuring effective communication across all groups. Strong experience with the Ab Initio tool kit (GDE, Express>It, BRE, Acquire>It) is required for this position, as well as knowledge and experience with Big Data development and concepts. The candidate needs the ability to write SQL and an understanding of relational databases. Ab initio skill level does not have to be expert, the candidate will need the ExpressIT piece along with the HIVE entries experience from using HADOOP. This person will be working with HADOOP data lakes and in the big data environment. They need the HIVE experience in order to be able to read the data and write into the datalake which is a result/part of the rules engine and configuration that occurs.
The primary role will be one of many developers tasked with performing data acquisition projects into the Enterprise Data Environment/Lake.
- Creating Ab Initio artifacts using the Ab Initio templates/framework provided by the Data Lake capabilities team
- Creating HIVE entities to create a presentation layer of ingested data onto Lake
- Support population of different 'zones' inside the data lake such as 'raw', 'sanitized', conformed, and provisioning/curation area
- Supporting various levels of testing (unit, SIT, UAT, etc.)
- Collaborate with the Line of Business and EDL platform administrators to understand and set up user roles/entitlements
- Responsibilities will include managing to the project plan, ensuring all appropriate documentation is complete and accurate, communicating issues or timeline changes to management, ensuring effective communication across all groups
- Manage code promotions for developed code
- Demonstrated experience using Ab Initio toolkit including Express>It and Acquire>It...MUST Have ExpressIT experience for this role. This is a tool that defines the rules and the templates used.
- Hadoop experience including an understanding of Hadoop File System (HDFS) and demonstrated experience with creating and managing HIVE entity view creation and support
- Financial services data experience is preferred
- Exposure and experience with Hadoop Data Lakes is preferred
About Signature Consultants, LLC
Headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Signature Consultants was established in 1997 with a singular focus: to provide clients and consultants with superior staffing solutions. For the eighth consecutive year, Signature was voted as one of the 'Best Staffing Firms to Work For' and is now the 14th largest IT staffing firm in the United States (source: Staffing Industry Analysts). With 26 locations throughout North America, Signature annually deploys thousands of consultants to support, run, and manage their clients' technology needs. Signature offers IT staffing, consulting, managed solutions, and direct placement services. For more information on the company, please visit www.sigconsult.com.