LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2021, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the 'World's Most Admired Companies' for the fourth consecutive year.
Supply Chain is a customer-focused Center of Excellence providing industry-leading service while delivering differential value to the business, today and into the future. We separate our Supply Chain functions into several areas; these include logistics, customer fulfillment, services, trade compliance, and support for business processes and systems.
As a member of our dynamic Supply Chain team, you will play a critical role in helping us supply our products to a global customer base. In this role, you will be responsible for providing top tier customer service as part of our domestic and/or export order fulfillment process. During a typical day, you may receive orders, check product availability, coordinate product transportation and delivery, and ensure accurate invoicing.
This position reports to the Account Specialist Supervisor and is located at our North American Headquarters in Downtown Houston. The position offers a competitive base salary, bonus, 401K matching, generous benefits package, pension plan, parking subsidy and employee discounts.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Manage the domestic and/or export order fulfillment process.
- Act as the main point of contact for all customer order-related issues.
- Establish relationships with customers and internal stakeholders, become familiar with customer and system requirements.
- Deliver effective communication across sales, marketing, operations, and transportation to provide answers to price inquiries, product availability, and transportation requirements. React with urgency to time-sensitive needs.
- Communicate shipping schedules and details to plant/storage location personnel and business management as needed.
- Assure accuracy of all order fulfillment master data in SAP and extended systems.
- Develop knowledge of the Enterprise system (SAP), extended system tools, and assist customers/stakeholders with full utilization of e-commerce tools.
- Actively participate in system improvement or other customer fulfillment projects.
- Contribute to the team's common goals and priorities.
- Model LyondellBasell core competencies with internal and external customers
- Bachelor's degree is strongly preferred.
- Will consider candidates with a High School Diploma that have at least 8 years' relevant experience in lieu of a Bachelor's degree.
- Prior relevant work experience.
- Must demonstrate effective communication skills, both oral and written.
- Able to maintain professionalism and prioritize responsibilities in a high-volume, fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Comfortable analyzing data.
- Experience with ERP software such as SAP is strongly desired.
Builds effective teamsCollaboratesCultivates innovationCustomer focusDemonstrates courageDrives resultsEnsures accountabilityInstills trust and exemplifies integrity
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston