Job Description: Accountant III
Location: Remote- Client sits in Downtown Denver, CO 80202
Position Type: 6+ Month Contract
One of our fortune 500 oil and gas companies is targeting a senior accountant who will have duties primarily in Control & Operations and Joint Venture accounting. This senior accountant will need a strong educational background in accounting, intermediate to advanced Excel skills, and strong interpersonal skills required to work in a team environment.
My client is seeking a candidate with background in corporate accounting, able to hit the ground running. Remote work is ok (during COVID) and there is no travel expected. Please reach out or apply if interested!
- Creating and reviewing journal entries for purposes of the monthly close.
- Preparing and reviewing monthly account reconciliations for various balance sheet accounts.
- Preparing and reviewing monthly rollforwards.
- Completing one or more regulatory reports on a quarterly basis.
- Preparing financial statements for smaller joint ventures.
- Involvement in various transformation and automation-related projects.
- Addressing and resolving internal and external customer inquiries related to areas of responsibility; prepares documents for external auditors on a quarterly basis for areas of responsibility.
- Various ad hoc requests.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related business field (i.e.. finance with an emphasis in accounting) and 5-10 yrs of work related experience.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office applications and the aptitude to effectively learn company- specific accounting and operations systems.
- Flexibility to work overtime during peak periods.
- Desired skills: Advanced Excel with an aptitude to learn ERP PeopleSoft skills.
**If this is not a fit for you or you are not interested, Ascent Services Group offers an excellent Referral Bonus! We look forward to hearing from you!
About Ascent: The Ascent Services Group (ASG) is a nationally recognized technology staffing and consulting firm whose fundamental business is providing staffing services to Small, Medium, and Large Enterprise clients in our core market verticals: Financial Services, Healthcare, Technology and Life Sciences. As consultants for ASG, you will have access to many of the top clients within the industries we serve. Our goal is to deliver innovative talent through proven best practices and effective resource optimization. Become one of ASG’s candidates and experience the difference!