Accounts Payable & Payroll Specialist
Summary: Our small and growing construction client in Charlotte, NC is seeking an accounting professional to assist their team with accounts payable and payroll processing for the organization of 50+ employees! This role offers the opportunity to wear many hats and suggest new ideas to improve processes for the organization!
Location: Charlotte, NC (North Charlotte) – 100% onsite
Opportunity: Contract-to-hire or Direct-Hire, depending on overall fit
Direct Hire: $50,000 - 60,000 salary (could possible pay more, depending on background)
Contract-to-Hire: $24.00 - 28.00 per hour to start with a conversion salary of $50,000 - 60,000 salary
Hours: 8am-5pm M-F onsite
Accounts Payable Duties
- High-volume invoice processing for construction jobs/projects and general expenses.
- Ensure job receipts are accounted for when invoices are received.
- Assisting Project Managers by reviewing and accurately entering invoices and identifying incorrect amounts and/or Jobsite errors prior to entry into accounting system (Viewpoint Vista).
- Providing Project Managers with accurate reports at month-end close of all construction job/ project-related expenses to help them accurately provide cost projections for month end reporting of financial statements.
- Own the integrity of information entered and review entries before posting to avoid mistakes that would require corrections
- Develop tracking system to ensure invoices are paid on time and drafts are recorded in advance.
- Review accounts at Month end of AP accounts before distributing to Project Managers.
- Develop SOPs for all tasks related to AP and Payroll and proactively monitor work processes for improvement.
- Monitor vendors for compliance related documentation (Certificate of Insurance, MBE, Tax Exemption Certificates etc.)
- Weekly processing of payroll for 50+ employees
- Enter new hires and terminate employees on Company Benefit Portal
- Pay and reconcile payroll accounts (withholding tax, 401K, health benefits, garnishments)
- Support office and field with any payroll related inquiries
- Assist Controller with quarterly tax reporting by verifying data integrity for accurate reporting to agencies
- Assist with other projects as requested by management
- Help with suggesting and implementing process improvements to improve overall operations
- 5+ years of Accounts Payable and Payroll Processing experience (50+ employees)
- Experience with job costing by tracking the costs and revenues by job and enable standardized reporting of profitability by job.
- Strong attention to detail, accurate data entry skills ability to meet deadlines, positive attitude with a drive to learn and grow
- Comfortable with learning new software, strong Excel, and MS office programs (Teams, Outlook etc.)
- Must be a team player and work well under pressure during month-end and year-end close.
- Construction Experience is highly preferred but not required
- Viewpoint Vista software preferred