As the Operations Engineer, you will be joining the Next Generation Access Network team dedicated to cutting edge initiatives related to vCMTS. You will help the team define operational and support requirements for new network related technologies and products, diagnose complex problems, and design long term fixes. This exciting opportunity allows you to work with engineering groups across the country to ensure proper understanding of all vCMTS initiatives. In this role, you will provide operational guidance towards other members of the vCMTS team and contribute to the deployment of vCMTS production environments. If you're looking to change the landscape of how networks are built and maintained, keep reading and apply below!
- Handle configuration work in JSON format
- Assist with written reports and other technical documentation necessary to communicate ideas, concepts, and details necessary to accomplish specific goals
- Deploy/Install software and configurations.
- Contribute to the definition of operational and support requirements for new network related technologies and products.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose,and repair complex DOCSIS 3.0 & 3.1 impairments.
- Perform operational guidance towards other members of the National vCMTS team.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of Unix, Linux and Solaris operating systems
- Scripting experience (Python, Perl, Bash)
- Knowledge of or ability to learn software defined networks and cloud-based systems
- Good communication skills and customer-centric attitude
- Ability to troubleshoot complex network related problems
- Bachelor of Science or Applied Science in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Telecommunications Engineering, military and/or industrial Engineering experience.
Nice to Have:
- Experience in ISP/MSO environment.
- Operations experience
- Knowledge of IPv6 or DOCSIS
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.