1+ year long contract
General Summary Provides a wide variety of administrative services for one or more functional groups. Implements administrative systems procedures policies and administrative projects.
Essential Job Functions:
- Organizes office workflow and provides administrative support to assigned staff.
- Organizes and maintains filing systems and records and prepares accurate reports summaries and tabulations from such data. May be exposed to sensitive information and maintain confidential files and records.
- Maintain directories and manuals.
- Set up and maintain tickler/action filing system.
- Set up maintain archive administrative work stored in desktop PC.
- Identify and prepare files for permanent storage.
- Conducts subject research as necessary to complete special projects and report assignments.
- From written or oral instructions prepare presentation graphics as specified by supervisor.
- Maintains operational procedures relative to administrative activities and workflow within the department.
- Controls mail and assures timely staff response; may send form letters.
- Coordinates personnel and administrative forms for the office and forwards for processing.
- Determines which requests should be handled by the supervisor appropriate staff member or other offices.
- Reviews outgoing materials and correspondence for internal consistency and conformance with supervisor’s procedures; assures that proper approvals have been obtained when needed.
- Performs administrative duties as necessary including typing dictation Computer generated presentations etc.
- Clerical tasks range from routine to moderately difficult. Has knowledge of established practices policies and procedures.
- Responds to routine telephone requests which have standard answers; refers calls and visitors to appropriate staff. Set up conference calls and send and receive audix messages.
- Requisitions supplies office equipment maintenance telephone or other services. Arrange for visitor access to building and greet visitors.
- Arrange for tours of facility.
- Arrange travel for department.
- Prepare and process necessary paper work/forms and route for proper approval.
- Reviews materials prepared for supervisor’s approval for typographical accuracy and proper format.
- Enter data into pre-existing database coordinates large mailings.
- Assists manager in all administrative projects.
- As instructed maintains staff calendars makes appointments and arranges for meeting rooms.
- Schedules appointments based on manager/department personnel instructions.
- High School diploma plus some post secondary education or equivalent.
- Must have excellent communications skills and be able to interface with managers in all departments and levels.
- Requires high-level skill in the performance of secretarial support and operational functions.
- Requires considerable ability to adhere to prescribed routines and practices; compose effective and accurate correspondence; and deal with routine matters such as special projects with minimum specific instructions.
- Requires the ability to work independently in carrying out assignments to completion.
- Personable Energetic Responsive Confident and Honest.
- Excellent PC applications skills to include proficiency in various software such as spreadsheets databases and word-processing. (Preferably MS Word Excel MS Outlook Internet Explorer etc.)
- Ability to learn job related tasks as specified.