Job Title: Advanced Concept Engineer
Job Location: Plymouth, MI
Job Type: Full Time/ Permanent
Education: Degree in Mechanical/Production/ Automotive Engineering
Travel: Willingness to travel and/or work abroad for agreed periods of time
Job Scope: The engineer will be developing concepts from the Scratch.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Responsible for deploying hard points, generated for the vehicle package, and supporting the Design team to evolve the style based on them
• Responsible for ensuring vehicle package complies with the appropriate legal requirements and in-house standards/guidelines
• Responsible for providing feasibility supporting the design, development and integration of components and systems within specified areas of the vehicle
• Responsible for highlighting and communicating conflicts between Product engineering and Design and negotiating solutions to support Style and key master section maturation
• Responsible for creation of reports which assess various style themes against the master sections using the appropriate company process
• Managing ‘zones’ and support cross functional geometry reviews.
• Manage issue resolution and geometry compromises, escalating where additional support is required for key decisions.
• Manage interactions with delivery teams and Design Studio.
• The role will include interior and exterior section, surface and 3D model creation and development