LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world's largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell (www.lyondellbasell.com) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.Basic Function
This position has the responsibility for supporting and improving the Basic Regulatory and Advanced Process Control (APC) applications, as well as identifying and implementing new control applications to improve process throughput, profitability, stability, reliability, and safety. This position generates a broad range of challenges that require routine interaction with other work groups to ensure maximum value is derived from the control systems.Roles & Responsibilities
* Define, develop, document, and support DCS regulatory control strategies for providing process stability and process safety.
* Conceive, justify, design, and commission new APC applications and inferential product quality controls.
* Work closely with Operations, technical teams, and the economics and planning teams to define refinery operating strategies and ensure their alignment with regulatory and APC controller strategies.
* Maintain existing APC applications, and perform audits of APC application's benefits.
* Participate in Engineering, Turnaround, and PSM activities (HAZOPS, risk assessments, PHAs, MOCs, etc.)
* Provide technical consultation, formal and informal training for process control applications.
* Act in a support or team role for a variety of process control projects.
* Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline
* Minimum of 5 years of refinery or petrochemical manufacturing, engineering experience
* Prior experience of control systems and APC technologies
* Excellent influencing and communication skills
* Ability to work across multi-disciplinary teams and interact with all levels of the organization
* Knowledge and experience with trend analyses on equipment failures of safety critical equipment
* Good computing skills
* Commitment to HSSE
* Good commercial awareness
* Strong leadership and organizational skills
* Innovative thinking to solve complex process issues
* Self-motivation and high initiative
* Technical understanding of Refining processes is an advantage
* Understanding of Honeywell control systems and/or APC technologies is an advantage
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston