The LifeVest division of ZOLL Medical Corporation is dedicated to developing the LifeVest wearable defibrillator (WCD) and associated technologies. The LifeVest WCD, worn directly against a patient’s skin, is prescribed to patients at risk of sudden cardiac death (SCD). Every year, 350,000 American lives are lost to SCD. At ZOLL LifeVest, your work will help to ensure cardiac patients get the life-saving therapy they need.
We’ve been Pittsburgh’s Manufacturer of the Year, one of Western PA’s Healthiest Employers, and even one of Pittsburgh’s Coolest Offices. But it’s our unique opportunity to impact people’s lives that makes ZOLL LifeVest the ideal place to build your career.
Position Summary: This position will be responsible for the development, execution and maintenance of software test plans, test cases and test reporting. This individual must possess experience with software testing in all phases of the software development lifecycle. The candidate must have in-depth knowledge of industry accepted software quality assurance standards and methodologies. This position will be responsible for leading and directing software testing activities for medium to large projects, and must demonstrate increased technical competence and personal productivity including the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to lead the testing activities for projects and provide status on those activities
- Designs and reviews test plans and test cases
- Execute and maintain test plans and test cases to ensure products meet quality standards
- Document, track, and validate software defects
- Participate in program, design and document reviews
- Mentor and train new and less experienced staff members
- Researches and develops a solid understanding of the proposed requirements and engineering specifications for the product features being implemented
- Ability to point out ambiguities and identify un-testable requirements
- Identify and communicate risk throughout the software development lifecycle and works cross-functionally to mitigate risk
- Participates in efforts to conform to regulatory guidelines and maintain associated documentation
- Works closely with automation test engineers to define automated test processes and tools to support device verification/validation testing
- Adheres to product build and release schedules and strategies
- Recommend new solutions, processes and tools to improve testing capabilities and efficiency.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies
- Performs other duties as assigned by Management
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
Educations and/or Experience:
- Requires B.S. degree in a technical discipline
- 13+ years of relevant software testing experience.
- 3+ years of leading test activities for embedded software projects
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents of advanced technical complexity. Ability to write reports and research findings of a technical nature. Ability to speak and present effectively one-on-one as well as in small and large groups of professionals including customers, clients and collaborators, both inside and outside the organization.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to apply advanced mathematics principles while performing essential job duties.
Reasoning Ability: Advanced reasoning skills required. Must have the ability to solve complex problems and weigh possible solutions to determine rank options to deliver optimal outcomes. Ability to assess problems involving several variables in changing situations.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, applicable test/development tools and associated technologies.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
ZOLL is an Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.