Currently seeking an Aerospace Engineer for a large client of ours in the Hampton, VA area!
This person will be responsible for the development of mathematical models of aircraft flight dynamics and various aircraft systems. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated self-starter with a strong work ethic who is capable of working comfortably within a dynamic team environment and is interested in a project leadership role.
- Develop aerodynamics models using a variety of source data, including wind tunnel test data, CFD data and data generated using computational methods (e.g., vortex lattice)
- Develop or update aircraft simulation flight models and components.
- Develop, document, test and debug flight simulation software.
- Develop test plans and support flight test activities for the purpose of collecting data sets for use in flight model development and validation.
- Plan and coordinate flight simulation software development activities.
- Assist in the development of new simulation technologies, methods and algorithms.
- Interact with customers, the engineering team, software developers and project management staff.
- Lead technical projects and direct the work of team members.
- Ensure that assigned projects are executed within cost and schedule commitments.
A Qualified Candidate Will Have:
- BS or MS in aeronautical/aerospace engineering
- 3-5 years of experience in flight dynamics
- MATLAB/Simulink skills
- C/C++ programming skills
- Knowledge of fixed-wing and/or rotary-wing flight dynamics
- Experience with flight dynamics modeling and simulation
- Experience with flight test activities
- Experience with Level D flight simulation qualification processes
Please send me an updated copy of your resume to be considered for this positions.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.