As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will lead design transfer, initial ramp-up and full production activities for engine avionics on rocket launch vehicles and spacecraft. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
Support the design transfer, initial ramp-up and full production of engine avionics from the manufacturing engineering perspective
- Engage collaboratively with internal resources and external suppliers with a focus on PCBA process, quality controls and monitoring
- Apply lean and six sigma principles and techniques to develop and improve PCBA and box build line quality and efficiency
- Support contract manufacturer's day to day production
- Support scheduled PCBA and box builds
- Support internal quality, sourcing and integration teams and efforts
- Acting PCBA and box production SME for supplier selection, audits, scheduled reviews, and corrective and preventive action
- B.S. degree in Manufacturing engineering or a related discipline
- 5+ years of demonstrated resourcefulness and execution within complex, rapidly-changing outsourced manufacturing environments
- Deep understanding of PCBA process development and quality control
- Desire to work hands-on, both independently and as part of a team, throughout the development and production phases of the product lifecycle
- Project management skills consistent with leading a team including suppliers through the complex Production Transition phase, to include initial ramp-up and full production
- Excellent attention to detail and strong task ownership, someone who demonstrates pride in all work and willingness to perform low-level tasks when needed
- Passion for advancing the commercial space industry and human spaceflight.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience with the full product life cycle, and all manufacturing engineering tasks at each phase
- Experience with ERP systems, work order creation/management, and BOM structures.
- Lean, Six Sigma or related training\
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.