Summary: The main function of a quality engineer is to research and test the design, functionality and maintenance of products, equipment, systems and processes and develop quality standards. A typical quality engineer has the ability to read and interpret blueprints, and evaluate product integrity and standards. Job
- Review and approve sampling procedures and designs, forms and instructions for recording, evaluating, and reporting quality and reliability data.
- Review and supervise programs to evaluate precision and accuracy of production equipment and testing, measurement, and analytically equipment and facilities.
- May conduct training sessions on quality control activities.
- Considered a specialist in areas of quality control engineering, such as design, incoming material, process control, product evaluation, product reliability, inventory control, metrology, automated testing, software, research and development, and administrative application.
- Directs workers engaged in measuring and testing product and tabulating data concerning materials, product, or process quality and reliability.
- Plans and directs activities concerned with development, application, and maintenance of quality standards for industrial processes, materials, and products.
- Develops and initiates standards and methods for inspection, testing, and evaluation, utilizing knowledge in engineering fields such as chemical, electrical, or mechanical.
- Computer Aided Design (CAD).
Education/Experience: Bachelor's degree in engineering required. 8-10 years experience required.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.