Seeking a Software Engineer for a large Aerospace/Defense company in the Riverdale Park, MD area. This is a long term opportunity that is supporting a Space client.
- Supporting the design, coding, test, and integration of software, written in object oriented C++ and on a Linux and Windows platform.
- Must have ability to design, develop, and maintain new software functionality as well as ability to work with previously written code and make modifications as necessary
- Involved with all phases of the software development life cycle including SW requirements analysis, use case support, SW architecture analysis, detailed design, software builds and generating test plans
- Ensuring code meets requirements through thorough unit testing, updating technical documents, software integration support, problem detection, and resolving discrepancy reports.
- Responsible for supporting software validation and verification, qualification, configuration control and documentation at the component level.
- Successfully support Peer Reviews at all phases of the development cycle to ensure successful integration with other software components.
- Must have ability to follow established SW processes and procedures, development, documentation and maintenance/management of operations concepts, requirements (system, element, segment level), external and internal interfaces, and other software engineering work products/artifacts
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical discipline.
- At least 4-6 yrs. of relevant experience.
- Must have strong, recent C++ experience and strong knowledge of object oriented development methodologies and practices.
- Must have experience with multithreading/ multithreaded code
- Must have experience with Agile development, working in Scrums and agile methodologies
- Experience with unit testing
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.