The Agile Coach will be responsible for working with business and IT teams across the company that are implementing the client's agile project management and engineering methods. This position requires an experienced Coach with a strong understanding of and hands-on experience with Agile Methods, including Scrum and preferably IBM's Disciplined Agile Delivery. This individual will be responsible for the delivery of training and the day-to-day coaching needed to transition traditional development teams to agile as well as continue to mature existing agile processes and teams at Freddie Mac. Scope of training and coaching includes team organization/self-management, Scrum, Agile engineering practices. The coach will also support the scrum master's delivery of metrics to track progress for ongoing projects.
When engaging with an Agile Project, the Agile Coach has five overall goals:
1. Develop an effective Scrum Master who can perform their duties in accordance with Freddie Mac Best Practices beyond the period of Coaching
2. Cultivate a Product Owner that understands the role, its responsibilities, and mentor them to be effective in their role
3. Facilitate the creation of a self-organized, self-managed team that can identify and deliver the work that can be completed in a time-boxed Iteration
4. Train the team on the Freddie's Agile methodology, processes and controls and gradually disengage as the team demonstrates competence
5. Identify Agile people, process, and technology issues and communicate to project leadership and the ITPMO, as necessary, during the period of the coaching assignment.
* Required: Certified Scrum Professional or Certified Scrum Coach (preferred)
* Seven or more years of direct experience in one or more aspects of Information Technology (Software design/ development, IT Architecture or other related IT areas)
* Five or more years of experience as an Scrum Master, Product Owner or member of an Agile delivery team, preferably in a variety of situations
* Three or more years of hands-on experience as an Agile Coach, preferably with large organizations. Experiences limited to Scrum Master are insufficient.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Effective facilitation skills
* Effective coaching and mentoring skills
* Ability to thrive in a highly ambiguous, fast paced environment where priorities shift rapidly
* Strong problem solving skills and ability to identify win-win solutions
* Effective influence, collaboration and negotiation skills
* Hands-on VersionOne tool experience preferred
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.