Our client is looking for a Project Manager who has experience using Atlassian tools, JIRA, and Confluence in an Agile/Scrum environment in West Palm Beach, FL! Great opportunity to work with a company that has hundreds of thousands of clients across the United States.
12-month contract to hire, 2-3 days on-site in WPB (ONLY CONSIDERING LOCAL CANDIDATES, MUST BE ABLE TO COMMUTE).
- Leads teams by facilitating the agile process, ensuring agile teams are accountable for the success of their project or BAU work effort. Strive to keep the team productive, and take ownership of that productivity by building high-performing teams. Has difficult conversations with team members who aren't performing. Looks to constantly improve the team's process and motivate the team as much as possible to ensure they are delivering value. Provides visibility into a team's impediments, risks, and any other struggles so adjustments can be made at the program level in order to meet desired results.
- 5-7+ years of experience as an Agile Project Manager
- Lead agile teams, consisting of resources across the organization, needed to deliver on prioritized projects and BAU work efforts. Understand and practice servant leadership, put the needs of others first, and help people develop and perform as highly as possible.
- Manage the team’s activities to ensure timely completion of tasks. Remove team impediments. Identify and communicate potential risks to the completion of the sprints and releases, including resource, cost, and system. Independently develops corrective actions necessary to mitigate most issues and reviews with management for confirmation prior to execution.
- Understand the estimated cost of the project and the financial impact of the work, including expense vs capital. Monitor cost variance throughout the life of the project to ensure the team stays within budget. Explain any cost variance. Understand and manage to project ROI and propose a change of direction (including cancelation) if appropriate.
- Facilitate project kick-off/review (with Directors and Managers), release planning, sprint planning, daily stand-up meetings, sprint reviews/demos, retrospectives for agile teams. Present in a variety of informal settings: one on one, small groups, with peers, and functional managers. Present to director level and below.
- Measure the quality of work teams are producing through a variety of metrics and identify trends used to improve the team’s velocity and throughput. Work with functional managers to recognize inefficiencies and create improvement plans with the team. Independently recognize and work with the team on inefficiencies and process improvements needed.
- Provide a highly collaborative environment, servant leadership, and conduct agility health assessments to ensure the health and growth of the team. Facilitate management retrospectives to build high-performing teams and ensure team's success. Create a supportive work environment by demonstrating trust, confidence, and commitment to team members.
- Ensure agile team members have the information they need to be successful (decisions, constraints, risks, assumptions, status). Assess the strengths and development needs of team members and coach individual team members before engaging the functional manager.
- Create and maintain the project-level work plan with key milestones. Report status to the program and portfolio teams on a timely basis. Identify and communicate risks, delays, and staffing issues to appropriate individuals. Support all project management standards and best practices. Suggest and support process improvement efforts.