This role is responsible for coordinating cross-functional teams and initiatives as it relates to MGM Resorts International’s enterprise-wide Business Intelligence (BI) and Enterprise Data Management (EDM) strategy within the Enterprise Analytics (EA) organization. This analyst will create and maintain product roadmaps, release notes, marketing collaterals and reviews with various committees, project teams and senior leaders so key organizational decisions can be made and communicated internally. This role is key in executing MGM Resorts International’s data management strategy by developing product and strategic roadmaps that support data architectural components as well as the associated governance model, data infrastructure, and analytical tools. This analyst operates as the subject matter expert on BI/EDM systems and processes; formulates, organizes and monitors interconnected projects for BI/EDM. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and MGM Resorts policies, practices and procedures.
- Collaborate with Enterprise Analytics, Property Operators and Senior Leadership, as well as Information Management and Information Technology organizations, on an enterprise wide basis to execute on the ongoing strategy to assess Business Intelligence tools.
- Generate, analyze and distribute key business reports, dashboards, and visualizations; review weekly, monthly and quarterly results, generate appropriate reports, and provide senior management with key findings and recommendations.
- Assess, analyze, and document end user training and communication needs, including the creation of strategies and plans.
- Actively engage with business partners to fully understand the analytics needs, devise approaches and implement solutions via appropriate models.
- Understand the complexities and intricacies of multiple departments & channels to ensure that the proposed analytical approach would work satisfactorily across the entire portfolio.
- Analyze and understand financial metrics (revenue, EBITDA, ROI, etc.) and various line of business metrics and key performance indicators.
- Establish effective working relationships throughout the organization across business units.
- Coordinate and communicate schedules with end users and stakeholders.
- Evaluate and test Business Intelligence tools and works with leaders to plan and execute the roll out of Business Intelligence tools to Enterprise Analytics as well as key stakeholders.
- Deliver the Business Intelligence dashboard strategy, including strategic, tactical, and operational dashboards, subject area analysis, and support of performance management methodologies.
- Identify and lead execution of process improvement opportunities.
- Review findings and make recommendations with senior team members.
- Collaborate with the Vice President Business Intelligence and the business in the development of functional design and requirements (define, design and prioritize) to enable Business Intelligence capability.
- Perform other job related duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Finance, or related fields, or equivalent education and experience.
- At least 1 year of experience with Business Intelligence, Analytics/or Information Management discipline.
- Experience with and understanding of key business intelligence roles and processes including database administration, architecture, and engineering including data modeling, database design, relationship models, and ETL.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Master’s Degree in Finance Business Management, Information Management or a related field.
- Experience in hospitality, food & beverage, gaming operations.
- Bilingual, English as the primary or secondary language.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.