LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world's largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell (www.lyondellbasell.com) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.
Sourcing Analyst supports the category managers and sourcing specialists of the Technical services and Technical materials strategic procurement groups by interfacing with various procurement systems and with other support functions to streamline work and resolve issues. The sourcing analyst participates in business process by providing information technology support, data management throughout the P2P process. The sourcing analyst troubleshoots problems in the execution of procurement processes that support the successful execution of sourcing projects. The role reports to the technical services manager, but may also support the technical materials and global projects groups as requested. This position is located at our North American Headquarters in Downtown Houston. The position offers a competitive base salary, bonus, 401K matching, generous benefits package, pension plan, parking subsidy and employee discounts.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Creates, updates and maintains Outline Agreements in SAP and manage supporting data such as external service codes.
- Sets up contract data for input into CATS, ERS, ESM and trouble shoot errors
- Interfaces with AP and communicates with sites and suppliers to facilitate resolution of blocked invoices.
- Runs Ariba and SAP reports, maintains lists and tables of data from multiple systems for communication to other groups and stakeholders. Maintains reports supporting strategic KPIs.
- Identifies and implements system and process improvements to optimize efficiency.
- Compliance reporting to respond to Accounting, Internal and External Control audits when necessary.
- Assists Commodity and Procurement Managers in Request for Proposal (RFP) bid processes.
- Creates or modifies purchase orders as requested by the strategic procurement teams.
- Creates and prepares contract amendments.
- Bachelor's degree required. 8 years relevant purchasing experience is acceptable in lieu of a Bachelor's degree.
- 2 years of procurement/purchasing experience required.
- Experience using the MM (materials management) module of SAP is required.
- Good communication skills.
- Able to work independently, manage priorities and initiate improvements.
- Proficient in the use of procurement specific IT tools including Ariba, SAP Business Intelligence, GA Ps and ISNetworld.
Builds effective teams:
Instills trust and exemplifies integrity:
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston