The Cyber and SIGINT Solution Ops under Defense and Intelligence Sector of Leidos has a career opportunity for a Analytic Java Developer Engineer with a TS/SCI with polygraph clearance in Annapolis Junction, Maryland.
PROGRAM SUMMARY: Do you enjoy being a part of small teams that work closely with the customer? Does big data pique your interest? Our Prototype Development Support program is looking for candidates with a strong mission focus to do new development and rapid prototyping. Someone who can figure out smarter, better ways to discover new targets or support mission analysis.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: Working in a variety of environments, the successful candidate will use leading edge technologies to develop analytics pulling data from multiple cyber sources, as well as classic SIGINT. These analytics will be used in standard presentation systems throughout the enterprise to support missions throughout the world covering a variety of subjects. You will be developing prototypes answering new questions as well as providing better answers to existing questions. You may be developing new ways to represent the data using data science methods such as graphs. You will be working directly with the customer in a highly collaborative, integrated environment. This position is perfect for someone who likes to work in an environment that uses leading technologies in a fast paced arena.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS/EDUCATION: The candidate must have:
Bachelor's Degree and 12 years of experience, additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- At least 12 years of general experience in computer science, computer engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline.
- At least 5 years of experience in software-intensive projects and programs for government or industry customers.
- At least 3 years of the experience must have been as a software engineer supporting software architecture development, requirement analysis, process execution and evaluation, selection and evaluation of COTS/GOTS tools, and integration (with both new and existing systems).
- Candidate must meet all qualifications associated with Sections C3,T1. And C3.T2. of DoD Directive 8570.01-M entitled 'Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program.'
- Strong Java skills is required
- Knowledge of python highly desired.
- Development experience in a Unix/Linux environment preferred.
- One of the following certifications is required:
- A+ CE
- Network+ CE
- Experience with version control (Git/Subversion)
- Experience with customer's GM and MASH architectures is a plus
- Familiarity with Hadoop / Map Reduce Analytics is a plus
- Familiarity with Hadoop Pig/Piglet is a plus
- Must be able to work in a team environment