Aerotek is currently seeking a highly skilled, motivated and customer focused Field Service Engineer for an instrumentation company in the Ann Arbor/Detroit area. Ideal candidate will have a science background working in a laboratory environment running/maintaining Rheology/Thermal equipment.
This requires 70% travel- 25% over night travel to Kentucky and 25% day travel via car in throughout Michigan.
The Field Service Engineer is responsible for traveling to customer sites for new product installation and existing product troubleshooting/repairs within an assigned territory.
- Provide customer support, install, calibrate, diagnosis and repair, and use all currently supported rheology instrument models and accessories.
- Provide detailed training to customers after installation, instructing them on hardware and software operation.
- Prepare a variety of reports and paperwork to document work in progress, completed work, and other necessary tracking paperwork; submit required paperwork on a timely basis to department management.
- Bachelors of Science degree in electrical engineering, chemistry, biology, physics or related field.
- 2-5 years in the service, repair and installation of instruments, specifically rheometer experience.
- Prior field service is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated aptitude in the use of a variety of desktop computer hardware, operating systems (Windows XP, Windows 7), and applications software such as Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.