Android Development Advanced Software Engineer, Technical Lead
Duration: 12+ Months, Contract to Hire
Our large, Retail client, with over $150B in annual revenue, and operating, either directly or through its subsidiaries, 2,750 locations with markets in 35 states is looking for an Android Development Advanced Software Engineer, Technical Lead who will be responsible for the following:
- Proactively leading or supporting software engineering activities that create deliverables that guide the direction, development, and delivery of software solutions that meet business needs
- Providing leadership, facilitation, analysis, and design tasks required to deliver critical business solutions
- Developing target-state guidance (i.e., reusable standards, design patterns, guidelines, individual parts, and configurations) to evolve the organization’s development process
- Demonstrating the core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and, safety
- 3+ years of experience with Mobile Development and building user-facing applications on Android
- Expert knowledge of Android SDK and different versions of Android
- Strong knowledge of Google’s Android UI design principles, patterns, best practices, and interface guidelines
- Possess the ability to design applications around UI such as touch
- Experience working the Android AOSP frameworks, NDK, SDK, and libraries
- Experience working with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- 5+ years of experience coding in Java and can demonstrate proficiency in programming languages like Java/Kotlin
- 5+ years of experience with RESTful APIs that connects Android applications to back-end services
- Experience with building and releasing APIs and building and optimizing mobile apps, in Java and Kotlin
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- Experience designing internal frameworks in Java
- 5+ years of experience with continuous integration and automated testing integration
- 5+ years of successful and applicable hands-on experience in software or infrastructure development domain and principles, including design patterns and code structure
- 5+ years of a proven track record of designing and delivering large scale, high-quality systems
- 5+ years of successful and applicable experience taking a lead role in building complex software and automation systems that has been successfully delivered to customers
- 5+ years of experience leading an engineering team, with collaboration with Product Managers and User Experience Designers.
- Strong knowledge of industry trends and industry competition
- Proven ability to think and contribute at the strategic level
- Demonstrated written, oral and presentation/public speaking communication skills
- Understanding of network and security architecture
- Deep knowledge in a minimum of two of the following technical disciplines:
- Infrastructure and network design
- Application development
- Application programming interfaces (APIs)
- Servers and storage
- Database management
- Demonstrated knowledge with SQL.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git, GitHub SaaS
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
DESIRED PREVIOUS JOB EXPERIENCE/EDUCATION
- Experience with developing services on a cloud platform such as Microsoft Azure or AWS Cloud and integrating with mobile application UIs/APIs
- Demonstrated capability to build, mentor and maintain an inclusive team-based environment
- Experience building solutions using elastic architectures (preferably Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform)
- Lead agile teams in the development of Android software applications for the TC-52 Zebra mobile device and Azure Cloud services platform
- Develop a high-quality codebase, lead design discussions, execute development against design, and navigate complex codebase
- Lead the development implementation of technology strategy within a defined set of teams.
- Executes against defined technology roadmap to support project portfolio and business strategy
- Oversee the implementation of enterprise standards across domains: operations, infrastructure, data, applications, development, security & risk, and business continuance
- Provide technical leadership to ensure clarity between ongoing projects and the strategic objectives of the company
- Drive digital innovation by leveraging innovative new technologies and approaches to renovate, extend, and transform the existing core technology base and IT estate
- Implement high-level migration plans to address the gaps between the current and future state, typically in sync with the budgeting or other capital planning processes
- Present opportunities with cost/benefit analysis to leadership to shape sound architectural decisions
- Lead the analysis of the technology environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for improvement
- Mentor team members in software development principles, patterns, processes and, practices
- Promote the capture and reuse of intellectual capital, including code objects and components
- Draft and review architectural diagrams, interface specifications, class structures and, other design documents
Benefits of working as an employee of CRG!
All W2 Employees at CRG are offered the following benefits options!
- Medical, Vision, Dental, Life Insurance, and Long- & Short-Term Disability insurance is offered after 90 days of employment with CRG!
- We also offer a Flexible Spending Account (FSA) along with a Health Savings Account (HSA) with our medical plan. CRG matches the first $500 of the HSA contributions.
- Our 30K Life Insurance policy is FREE (no cost to the employee), as long as you sign up for it!
- We also have a 401K plan, with open enrollment quarterly (January, April, July, and October) after working at CRG for 90 days.
- CRG matches 25% of the first 6% of employee contributions to the 401K plan!
Category Code: JN008