- IT Application Packaging Engineers build, modify, test and deploy moderately complex application packages for delivery.
- They gather and analyze requirements, research and recommend application packages to meet business needs.
- They are accountable for successful deployment, provide break/fix and end-user support.
- Troubleshoot and repair issues with moderately complex packaged applications with multiple integration points and/or span platforms/systems
- Gathers, analyzes and translates requirements from business area and IT partners in order to design technology solutions that meets the business need including changing/modifying existing applications to meet the business need
- Create moderately complex application packages
- Perform testing of finished packaged applications with user input to correct or modify packages to customer specifications
- Migrate applications into Production deployment systems and test deployment capabilities of each package ensuring successful delivery
- Responsible for the actualization, implementation and deployment of packaged application design
- Modify existing applications to ensure compatibility with operating systems and other software
- Provide complex troubleshooting support for applications residing in various deployment systems
- Develop and communicate desktop and departmental procedures
- Provide training to Associate IT Application Packaging Engineers through coordinated training sessions
- Writes programming/scripting
- Completes technical documentation
- Extensive working knowledge of multiple technologies and their interfaces and integration
- Competent working in one or more environments highly integrated with an operating system.
- Extensive experience implementing and administering/managing technical solutions in major, large-scale system implementations
- Ability to manage tasks independently and take ownership of responsibilities
- Ability to learn from mistakes and apply constructive feedback to improve performance
- Ability to communicate technical information clearly and articulately
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to write scripts within packages that will call other actions during the installation of an application
- High critical thinking skills to evaluate alternatives and present solutions that are consistent with business objectives and strategy
- Experience using Agile methodology
- Specific tools, languages and specialty skills may vary
- Experience analyzing business requirements and translating them into technical solutions'
- 3-5 years of Professional experience as an Application packaging and deployment experience
- Experience rolling out or supporting CI/CD in a software company.
- Experience implementing desktop SaaS build systems.
- Experience with cross-platform CI/CD.
- Experience with Jenkins, Git, OpenShift, Python, PowerShell, DevOps.
- Good understanding of Kubernetes, Docker
- Exposure to scripting languages such as groovy, ansible, others that are used in managing CI/CD pipeline
- Agile software development processes.
- Team player and communication skills
- Related Bachelor's degree in an IT related field or relevant work experience