Our client is a small, minority owned business based in Vienna, VA. Most of their work has been supporting the DLA and DOT in the past. TEKsystems is their premier vendor as we support them in 5 different markets across U.S. We have been supporting our client for over 2 years, most recently on a Windows 10 deployment where we placed 99/129 people on a 3 month project.
This opportunity is for an Appian Developer that would join their Appian consulting practice. Most of their projects are in federal consulting right now, but they are in talks with different commercial companies to expand their business. Our client has been partnered with Appian for 8 years now. They are hiring more for capability purposes right now as they have multiple projects they could put this person on.
The Appian/BPM Developer will be responsible for software integration, customization, and support of Commercial-Off-The-Shelf (COTS) software products. You will be required to attend training as needed and support all project activities in relation to this product.
- Prepare software requirements specifications and prototypes for translation into structured application programs.
- Configure, debug, unit, systems, integration test and document new applications and enhancements including, but not limited to forms, reports, underlying logic and interface components on development projects as assigned.
- Support the development of technical maintenance and support manuals.
- Analyze, debug and revise existing system logic difficulties and documentation as necessary.
- Assist database administrators, data stewards, quality assurance team, system engineers, network engineers and other staff in ways to ensure data integrity, consistency, security and privacy.
- Assist project manager in estimating durations for tasks, deliverables and activities.
- Adhere to organizational policies, standards and best practices in application development, documentation, and maintenance that support the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) following iterative development approach (Rational Unified Process (RUP)).
- Provide technical expertise and actively participate in creating systems development, software, hardware, and application development standards, procedures and policies.
- Working knowledge and experience coding in Java is required.
- At least 5 years of current experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience
- Provide support to develop Web-based applications, including on-line customer service to transform government agencies to be able to deliver their services online.
- Provide support in developing the site concept, interface design, and architecture of the website.
- Provide support for the implementation of interfaces to applications.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.