Title: Systems Analyst
Location: Metro Atlanta
Duration: 12 months
** Knowledge of freestyle dispensers and subsystems will be key to this role**
Job Profile Summary
The Systems Analyst will act as primary contact for all engineering requests and communications that impact the Freestyle Software Development team. The Systems Analyst serves as the conduit amongst the various hardware and software delivery teams through which functional and technical requirements flow. Responsible for gathering and analyzing requests during intake phase; collaborating with key stakeholders to write technical user stories; tracking engineering requests throughout the software development life cycle and documenting technical and engineering specifications. Individual contributor that is fully proficient in applying established standards; knowledge base acquired from several years of experience in particular area; works independently; may coach other professionals.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage both new engineering requests and backlog and shepherd through Software Intake Process to define software requirements from an engineering perspective
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders and engineering teams to further define functional and technical requirements and enable forward movement of software progress of work
- Lead requirements analysis and verification, ensuring that requirement statements are complete, consistent, concise, comprehensible, traceable, feasible, unambiguous, and verifiable, and that they conform to system and engineering standards.
- Identify key dependencies amongst software and the various delivery teams per request
- Manage requirements traceability information and track requirements status throughout the project.
- Implement ways to reuse requirements across multiple Freestyle platforms.
Key Technical and Functional Skills Needed
- Interpersonal skills, to help negotiate priorities, resolve conflicts, and build alignment across stakeholders (collaborating with platform managers, various hardware and software engineering teams)
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and the ability to convey technical information and ideas in a clear, meaningful and timely manner; providing information through a variety of media to engage people in the interaction.
- Interviewing skills, to talk with individuals and groups about their needs and ask the right questions to surface essential requirements information.
- Listening skills, to understand what people say and to detect what they might be hesitant to say.
- Facilitation skills, to lead requirements elicitation work sessions.
- Observational skills, to validate data obtained via other techniques and expose new areas for elicitation.
- Organizational skills, to work with the vast array of information gathered during elicitation and analysis and to cope with rapidly changing information.
- Complex problem-solving and critical thinking skills, the ability to identify technical performance gaps, use data mining and analytical tools to characterize the business impact and identify root causes, and use engineering skills and tools to develop and implement solutions to complex problems with significant impact to performance or customers.
- Skills to understand the complexities and interdependencies of information and events in order to develop more effective solutions and ideas.
- Knowledge of and the ability to understand, design, apply, administer, and troubleshoot software systems.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience required, preferably in Business, Engineering, Computer Science or Design.
Related Work Experience and Knowledge Skills
- 5+ years' experience in requirements documentation, analysis, prioritization, verification, and management practices and the ability to apply them in practice using Agile methodologies.
- 5+ years' experience in the practice of requirements engineering according to a product and/or software development life cycle in a team environment.