Job Location: Denver, CO - 80237
Job Type: FTE / Permanent
**Note: This position is unable to work with 3rd parties**
As part of a development technology team, individual analyzes business requirements and problems and drives research to design quality technical solutions. This individual will be involved in portions of the full systems life cycle (based on experience/skills) and is responsible for designing, coding, testing, implementing, maintaining and supporting application software that is delivered on time and within budget. Handles complex problems independently and demonstrates analytical thinking. Is able to make judgements and recommendations based on the analysis and interpretation of data.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Translates business requirements into working foundational components for UI platform thus ensuring functional and non-functional aspects are met
- Design and implementation review and enforcement of architectural standards for key applications
- Ensuring next generation of web applications are built in a scalable, consistent and reusable manner. Collaborating with other members to refine UI standard and best practices as necessary
- Designs applications following core design patterns in a layered, modular and extensible architecture
- Effectively identifies opportunities for change, implements change and introduces new concepts, procedures, policies and tools while providing a clear explanation of benefits and purpose.
- Reviews implementations for key applications and provides technical direction including hand on design/code refactoring for the development teams
- Architects, designs and builds core platform components.
- Involved in all aspects of SDLC process from requirements, design, build through deployment
- Involved in working with business stakeholders, cross functional teams and leading by example to other software engineering groups.
- Minimum of a B.S. in Computer Science, MIS or related degree and five (5) years of related experience or a combination of education, training and experience.
- Expert knowledge/experience in the following required:
- Experience with best-in-class UI development tools through all phases of SDLC
- Strong grasp of functional versus object oriented programming
- Well versed with REST architecture, experience with NodeJS
- Well versed with various browsers – Chrome, IE, Firefox
- Experience in debugging, tuning and optimizing UI components
- Automated tested frameworks ex: karma, jasmine, protractor etc.
- BDD, Gherkin, Cucumber experience preferred.
- Experience with Java is a plus