Title: Application Developer II
Client Location: New York, NY (Remote)
Duration: 6+ Month Contract
This position is only available to candidates who can work under a w2 and who do not require current or future visa sponsorship.
The Ascent Services Group is seeking an Application Developer II to join one of our enterprise clients who provides solutions for the fixed income portfolio management and credit analytics teams to help them make more scientific trading decisions. The Quant Strategies Team is responsible for creating tools that integrate fixed income analytic models, data and research to present them in an engaging and useful way for trading and risk management. This is starting on a 6 month with strong chance of extension. Positions are expected to start remote and remain so until it is safe to return to onsite work.
- Interact directly with internal business users including portfolio managers.
- Act as a key contributor to the design and delivery of solutions with a focus on UI/UX and middle tier/integration with internal and external libraries.
- Be enthusiastic about the financial industry, technology, and impactful delivery.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- At least 5 years of development experience (we work primarily in python and C#)
- Interest in or prior experience with web development technologies and concepts
- Experience with an iterative/agile process and tools Successful candidates will have
- Excellent technical communication skills
- Demonstrated interest in investment management and software design
- Desire to contribute in a dynamic team-oriented environment with tremendous learning and growth potential We use a range of technologies, highlights include:
- Python, C#, WPF, IIS, Telerik Controls, Oracle, Bloomberg SAPI/BPIPE, Excel, REST/JSON, AVRO, AMPS, SVN, GitLab
**If this is not a fit for you or you are not interested, Ascent Services Group offers an excellent Referral Bonus! We look forward to hearing from you!
About Ascent: The Ascent Services Group (ASG) is a nationally recognized technology staffing and consulting firm whose fundamental business is providing staffing services to Small, Medium, and Large Enterprise clients in our core market verticals: Financial Services, Healthcare, Technology and Life Sciences. As consultants for ASG, you will have access to many of the top clients within the industries we serve. Our goal is to deliver innovative talent through proven best practices and effective resource optimization. Become one of ASG’s candidates and experience the difference!