LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world's largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell (www.lyondellbasell.com) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.
LyondellBasell Information Technology Services (ITS) provides innovative solutions for the LYB enterprise. This includes a focus on cost, efficiencies, productivity, expedience and business expectations. ITS emphasizes usability and access to services and advancements to enable end-to-end processes. Our core values include alignment with business goals and optimization of ITS resources, trends and best practices.
This position reports to the Manager, Applications and is located at our North American Headquarters in Downtown Houston, TX. The position offers a competitive base salary, bonus, 401K matching, generous benefits package, pension plan and employee discounts.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Design, develop, implement, support and maintain multi-tier public and internal web applications based on business requirements.
- Collaborate with IT business analyst team members and business clients to understand solution requirements and translate requirements into functional and technical design documents.
- Work independently through the full application development lifecycle process.
- Consults with technology partners to collect roadmap information, and contributes to ITS strategy development and planning.
- Provide work estimates for work assignments to deliver solutions on schedule and on budget.
- Follow custom development policies, standards and guidelines for application development, change management and support. Participate in standards and guidelines design and documentation.
- Lead research and coordinate exploratory work across teams to resolve and implement solutions for complex problems.
- Monitor incident management queue. Efficiently identify, troubleshoot, resolve, report and close issues.
- Continuously improve development skills to stay current with latest custom application development technologies.
- Stay current on LyondellBasell IT strategies and standards and influence customers in support of the strategies and standards.
- Lead onsite and offshore development teams on assigned projects to ensure reliability, scalability, maintainability and performance.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in computer science, engineering, business or related field with minimum 10 years' related job experience preferred; Non-degreed professionals with minimum of 12 years' related job experience.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in the full custom application development lifecycle; requirements gathering, functional and technical design, development, build, installation, documentation, and code management.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong analytical skills; ability to perform complex systems analysis and draw conclusions by relating information from different sources, including root-cause analysis and issue resolution.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor individuals, build and lead teams
- Ability to manage tasks and projects effectively with minimal supervision.
- Ability to apply strong communication skills to resolve conflict professionally and routinely interact in cross-functional groups.
- Experience in documenting and applying IT standards.
- Experience working in a global corporate IT department supporting enterprise applications.
- MS .NET Framework
- MVC 3 and higher
- MS SQL 2012 and higher
- HTML5, CSS3, jQuery, Ajax, Bootstrap
- IIS configuration to support web applications
- MS TFS
- Experience in designing and developing UX and UI design for web applications.
- Experience in MS SharePoint 2010
Builds effective teams:
Instills trust and exemplifies integrity:
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston