BUILD YOUR FUTURE...WHILE PROTECTING THEIRS.
You will be challenged. Rewarded. And valued for your unique experience, background and perspective.
Join a team where hard work pays off and original thinking is celebrated. As you build your future at Westfield Insurance, you will quickly learn that protecting our customer’s future by delivering on our promise to help restore lives and rebuild businesses when the unexpected happens is at the heart of what we do. Building relationships and caring about people has been part of our culture since 1848. Be a part of a team that recognizes and appreciates those who take initiative, know how to elevate an idea and can innovate and seek opportunity in a changing world.
Application Development Leader Job Summary
Salary Range: $109,285 - $125,677 - $142,070
Essential Functions (primary functions and/or reasons the job exists in order of importance)
1. Leads the operation, performance, and results of an IT team typically composed of individual contributor and leader roles. Typically, supports the development and support of technology solutions. This may include responsibility for maintaining the ongoing health and enhancement of the technology.
2. Collaborates and supports the development and execution of the strategic vision and annual planning for team/department.
3. Performs human capital management responsibilities including employee selection, performance management, coaching, and development. Manages priorities and workload distribution, and removes barriers that impede progress. Completes all personnel, salary administration, and reporting duties.
4. Responsible for delivery results and creating value for the organization through management of scope, schedule, quality and budget of all delivery activities.
5. Performs operational responsibilities that drive team performance and achieve service level agreements (SLAs) including: planning, execution, process improvement and best-practice sharing.
6. Responsible for the financial management of the team, including adherence to budgets, budget planning, and reporting on status. Manages a budget of moderate complexity that may include managing hardware, software, vendor expenses, and/or possibly a few large contracts.
Desired Qualifications/Experience/Certification/Education (in order of importance)
1. Minimum of 3-5 years of IT work experience with demonstrated successful career progression.
2. 2-5 years of people and/or project leadership experience.
3. Proven ability to solve technical problems quickly and efficiently minimizing impact to the organization.
4. Proven ability to work effectively and efficiently across technology areas, independent of organization structures.
5. Demonstrated experience and working knowledge of project management methodology.
6. Demonstrated ability to effectively manage relationships across the organization.
7. Demonstrated ability to effectively lead teams and manage individual performance.
8. Demonstrated strength in organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
9. Demonstrated focus and commitment to customer satisfaction.
10. Demonstrated experience in utilizing Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint) or transferable software package.
11. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Management or related field OR commensurate experience.
12. Valid driver’s license and a driving record that conforms to company standards.
Physical Requirements (specific to the role)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Ability to work effectively in an office environment for 40+ hours per week (including sitting, standing and working on a computer for extended periods of time).
• Ability to communicate effectively in a collaborative work environment utilizing various technologies such as: telephone, computer, web, voice, teleconferencing, e-mail, etc.
• Ability to travel as required.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed in this role. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, responsibilities, knowledge, etc. These may be subject to change and additional functions may be assigned as needed by management.Westfield offers a Total Rewards program that focuses on compensation, benefits and wellness, and includes perks like 401(k), pension plan, annual incentive, education reimbursement, flex-time, onsite fitness center and casual dress. Work-life balance, recognition, and learning and career development are all part of a rewarding career with Westfield Insurance.To learn more about Westfield and the opportunities available, please visit us at www.westfieldinsurance.com
We are an equal opportunity employer/minority/female/disability/protected veteran.