Schaefer Systems International provides storage, materials handling, logistics and waste technology solutions to businesses throughout North America. We design and manufacture state-of-the-art intralogistic storage and picking solutions for all types of industries as well as plastic containers, pallets, and waste and recycling carts. Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, Schaefer Systems International is part of the SSI SCHAEFER Group, a global leader in logistics and materials handling founded in 1937 with offices and plants in over 50 different countries. For more information, visit http://www.ssi-schaefer.us.
The Application Engineer provides sales support for automated material handling software systems and equipment in warehouses and distribution centers using a broad range of knowledge including but not limited to the distribution processes, the mathematical theories that drive those processes and the technologies that can be applied to those processes.
- Work with customers to develop an understanding of their business and operational needs
- Analyze customer data (working in conjunction with in house analyst) to determine system requirements in terms of storage needs, throughput volume, item velocity zoning, etc.
- Develop material flow diagrams and process flow charts
- Select technologies and develop a cost effective, wholly integrated solution
- Develop or oversee the development of system drawings (CAD)
- Gather costing for the equipment and services proposed
- Develop proposal documents describing system requirements, the proposed solution with scope of work, pricing, benefit analysis, return-on-investment, etc.
- Present the solution to the customer (upper management and operations personnel)
- Effectively communicates with customers in high-impact scenarios.
- Travels nationally and internationally for initial training as well as based on business needs
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform Essential Functions.