About SSI-Schaefer: SSI-Schaefer is the world’s largest provider of automated technology and integrated system solutions (i.e. the art of combining multiple technologies to solve specific business needs in large storage and distribution systems). See details of system integration online at:
Position Description: The Systems Engineer Group Leader is a leadership function requiring knowledge in a broad range of distribution processes, the mathematical theories that drive those processes and the technology concepts that can be applied to those processes. The Systems Engineer Group Leader heads a team of applications engineers in support of the Automated Systems Division.
Specifically, the Systems Engineer Group leader will:
- Provide leadership and direction to a group of applications engineers in relation to system design
- Be responsible for applications engineer training within their group
- Work with customers to develop an understanding of their business and operational needs
- Develop system conceptual solutions appropriate for a customer’s business and operational needs
- Analyze/guide analysis of customer data to determine system requirements in terms of storage needs, throughput volume, item velocity zoning, etc.
- Develop material flow diagrams and process flow charts
- Select technologies and develop a cost effective, wholly integrated solution
- Develop or oversee the development of system drawings (CAD)
- Review overall system designs of others, owning the overall system architecture
- Compile costing for the equipment and services proposed
- Develop proposal documents describing system requirements, the proposed solution with scope of work, schedule, pricing, benefit analysis, return-on-investment, etc.
- Present the solution to the customer (upper management and operations personnel)
- Prepare requirements for simulation during project execution
- Ensure that data sets and test cases used in project execution are representative and consistent with system design intent
- Act as a consultant to the project engineering/execution team
- Ensure that the system design processes and flows created in the sales phase are carried forward into project execution