Sirius Technical Services is interested in hiring an Application Engineer for its pre-contract group to develop proposals and price estimates for submittal to its customers. A supplier of air pollution control equipment and services to utility, pulp, paper, refinery and other industrial companies. Sirius Technical is seeking candidates with excellent technical, written, and verbal communication skills to support a well-established group. While we prefer candidates with electrostatic precipitator and baghouse experience, well rounded engineering graduates are welcome to apply. Requirements for the successful candidate:
• Engineering degree in the mechanical, chemical or electrical field.
• Mechanical, electrical and process experience with electrostatic precipitators or baghouses, preferred.
• Excellent computer skills with Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat, and Microsoft Outlook.
• Excellent writing and presentation skills.
• Develop technically sound, cost competitive, commercially responsive proposals, incorporating agreed upon strategies and risk mitigation provisions.
• Compile proposal costing data, utilizing custom designed estimating model, subcontractor quotes, and empirical cost data as required.
• Participate at pre-bid meetings as required in order to strategically respond to requests for quote.
• Participate in technical and commercial negotiations as required for project proposals.
• Make presentations to management, and to customers, regarding commercial and technical aspects of proposals.
• Participate in ongoing development and regular maintenance of sizing/estimating model, including amalgamation of design and performance data provided by post-contract engineering.
• Prepare timely and thorough turnover packages for new contracts.
• Assist in the development of technical papers that further the interests of the company.
Please send resumes to: [email protected]