Application Engineer - Rotational Stabilus is a manufacturer and global market leader of hydro-pneumatic adjustment elements (gas springs), hydraulic vibration dampers, hydraulic door checks, and automatic opening and closing systems for doors, trunk lids, and tailgates. Approximately 8,000 employees manufacture to the highest quality and reliability standards in plants around the world. Our products enhance automobiles, furniture and machines to be safer and more comfortable. Responsibilities: Reporting to the Sterling Heights Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for application development of Automotive Power Closures or Gas Springs. This is a Rotational position where you will have the opportunity to work with a few different engineering groups to help develop your company knowledge, skills and experience. Your primary goals are to meet customer requirements and achieve the market share and profitability objectives in the appointed customer base, specifically:
• Develop application and product solutions in support of new business growth, specifically with linear spindle drives.
• Technically represent Stabilus with responsibility to ensure application development deliverables meet or exceed customer and internal requirements.
• Plan and execute application development milestones.
• Supply technical APQP deliverables according to customer and internal timing requirements.
• Develop application and product solutions to minimize product cost and maximize profitability.
• Adhere to the TS16949:2002 guidelines in developing and meeting customer deliverable requirements.
• Resolve technical problems with solutions which address root cause and prevention of re-occurrence.
• Provide launch and manufacturing support to customer assembly facilities.