Application Programmer Summary:
Signature Consultants has an opportunity for an Application Programmer. Are you passionate about working with the best information security team in the world? Our client is hiring top talent to join their team. The Cyber Security Technology (CST) function within Global Information Security is responsible for innovation and architecture, engineering, solutions and capabilities development, deployment maintenance and support of information technology security controls. The CST team is also responsible for the management of the program/project management teams. Our client invites you to join the GIS team as a Hadoop Programmer/Developer (Hadoop Data Engineer). They are a tight-knit, supportive community passionate about delivering the best experience for our customers while remaining sensitive to their unique needs. In this role, the candidate will be helping to build new data pipelines, identifying existing data gaps, and providing automated solutions to deliver advanced analytical capabilities and enriched data to applications that are supporting the operations team. This position is also responsible for obtaining data from the System of Record and establishing real-time data feed to provide analysis in an automated fashion.
- Experience working with Hadoop/Big Data related field
- Working experience on tools like Hive, Spark, HBase, Sqoop, Impala, Kafka, Flume, Oozie, MapReduce, etc.
- Hands-on programming experience in perhaps Java, Scala, Python, or Shell Scripting, to name a few
- Experience in end-to-end design and build process of Near-Real Time and Batch Data Pipelines
- Strong experience with SQL and Data modeling
- Experience working in Agile development process and deep understanding of various phases of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Experience using Source Code and Version Control systems like SVN, Git, etc.
- Deep understanding of the Hadoop ecosystem and strong conceptual knowledge in Hadoop architecture components
- Self-starter who works with minimal supervision and the ability to work in a team of diverse skill sets
- Ability to comprehend customer requests and provide the correct solution
- Strong analytical mind to help take on complicated problems
- Desire to resolve issues and dive into potential issues
About Signature Consultants, LLC
Headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Signature Consultants was established in 1997 with a singular focus: to provide clients and consultants with superior staffing solutions. For the ninth consecutive year, Signature was voted as one of the 'Best Staffing Firms to Work For' and is now the 15th largest IT staffing firm in the United States (source: Staffing Industry Analysts). With 27 locations throughout North America, Signature annually deploys thousands of consultants to support, run, and manage their clients' technology needs. Signature offers IT staffing, consulting, managed solutions, and direct placement services. For more information on the company, please visit www.sigconsult.com.