The Application Security Analyst is responsible for protecting applications, data, and systems by reducing security risks in custom and third-party software applications. This position is responsible for analyzing the security of applications and their underlying services, integrating security touchpoints into all phases of the software development life cycle, and fostering a security mindset within development teams. The Application Security Analyst is responsible for using automated tools to analyze source code and applications to identify vulnerabilities, triage results, and provide mitigation plans for discovered risks. The Application Security Analyst must work closely and professionally with business partners, identify and solve issues in a timely manner, communicate effectively, and be a positive contributor to the enterprise security team.
Responsibilities and Duties:
* Maintains and reports on the security champions and developer education programs.
* Use automated tools to analyze source code and applications to identify vulnerabilities, triage results, and provide mitigation plans for discovered risks.
* Assists in web application vulnerability management and red team exercises, running scans, creating reports, and communicating to development teams.
* Works with development teams to define security touch points within the secure software development lifecycle (SSDLC), run automated scanning tools, triage results, and define mitigation plans.
* Monitors and maintains the health of enterprise application security tools.
* Writes scripts to automate tasks where appropriate
* Build and maintain documentation related to the application security services
* Escalate to leadership any major concerns with applications in the organization due to security risks.
Knowledge and Skills:
* Bachelor's degree
* 3 year of experience in programming or IT-related field
* Excellent communication skills and the ability to develop and leverage effective relationships with developers and other stakeholders
* Strong collaboration, communication, problem solving, and documentation skills
* Strong sense of personal accountability
* Strong desire for continuous growth and education
* Ability to learn and apply new technologies quickly and self directed
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.