Application System Engineer - Expert
BCforward is currently seeking highly motivated Application System Engineer - Expert in Tampa, FL 33610
We place consultants for end clients all over USA.
Job Title: Application System Engineer - Expert
Location: Tampa, FL 33610
Expected Duration: 1 Year Contract with possible extension or permanent depending on performance of the candidate and client needs.
Senior, hands-on technical lead focused on building out the firm's strategic data platforms used by the Institutional Clients Group of Citibank. The successful applicant will take ownership of key projects and components and will be responsible for all phases of the SDLC including analysis and design, development, testing and deployment. As a technical lead, the candidate will be responsible for providing technical guidance to junior developers, including overseeing their deliverables, providing architectural guidance, enforcing Citi best practices, and conducting code reviews. A potential candidate will need to understand system and enterprise architecture concepts and will be expected to understand how all components fit together and affect one another. They will work with a global and diverse team of peers as well as liaise closely with Business Analyst, Production Support, and Infrastructure teams. This role is for a full time employee based in Tampa
The Consultant will be responsible for
* Develop and Deliver assigned development projects within agreed schedule, quality and scope expectations
* Participate in all stages of the SDLC within an agile Scrum environment.
* Interact with senior management to define and drive architectural direction
* Interact with PMO and translate reported problems/issues into JIRA items to implement
* Enhance/Re-architect existing components to satisfy new performance and scalability requirements
* Provide level 3 (escalation) support for the application
* Ensure all components in the platform are fully compliant with client technology standards
* Ensure essential procedures are followed and help define operating standards and processes
* Serve as advisor, coach to new, or lower level analysts
* Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Organization, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
* Java full stack technologies
* RDBMS, SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle DB
* XML/XSD/XSLT and JSON
* Web services (SOAP, REST, etc.)
* Modern source control, build and continuous integration solutions
* UNIX/Linux Shell scripting
* Tomcat or Weblogic application server
* Experience using - JIRA, uDeploy, Sonarqube, TeamCity, Artifactory, BitBucket, Groovy, Maven/Gradle.
* A minimum of 4 years of application development experience
* Solid understanding of application infrastructures, including hardware, storage, network, databases, disaster recovery
* Strong grasp of algorithms and data structures and how to best apply them to build optimal software solutions
* Understanding of Metadata, its applications and management
* Logical thinking, Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; innovative and solutions oriented
* Effective time management skills in order to manage multiple priorities with flexibility on time zones and timelines
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to prepare and deliver effective presentation
* Proven experience building scalable, mission critical systems
BCforward began as an IT business solution and staffing firm. Founded in 1998, BCforward has grown with our customers' needs into a full-service personnel solution's organization. Headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, BCforward also operates numerous delivery centers across North America and India. We are currently the largest consulting firm and largest MBE certified firm in Indiana. Our uninterrupted growth has allowed BCforward to deliver uniquely configured IT staffing and project solutions for over the years of catering to our customers' specific needs. BCforward currently maintains a team of over 5000 global resources. With our additional brand, Stafforward, together we have the capabilities to deliver services for a variety of industries in both public and private sectors which allows us to address your most challenging needs.
'We must inform you that during the hiring process, we may ask for you to disclose and provide us with various categories of your personal information, including identifiers such as your name and address, professional information, commercial information, education information, and other related information. Please note that we will only use this information to facilitate and complete the recruiting process. This posting is not an offer of employment. The submission of intentionally false or fraudulent information in response to this job posting shall render the applicant ineligible for the position. BCforward is an equal opportunity employer. Any subsequent offer of employment shall be considered employment at will regardless of the anticipated assignment duration.'
Interested candidates please send resume in Word format Please reference job code 132835 when responding to this ad.