Application Systems Engineer Summary:
Signature Consultants is seeking an Application Systems Engineer for an opportunity in Harrisburg, NC. The ideal candidate should have robust knowledge of multiple Operating Systems (doesn't have to be Linux AND Windows, but something more than just a strong Windows-only). This Application Systems Engineer should have experience managing these Operating Systems from an Enterprise level.
- Pen testing possibly using Kali, metasploit, or used custom injects / tools.
- White Hat, Gray Hat, Blue Team/Cell, Red Team/Cell, or CEH certified.
- Some form of Security certification - Security+, CISSP, CASP, CISM, etc.
- A moderate understanding of ports and protocols - primarily familiar with port security
- A moderate understanding of databases - primarily familiar with database security (not just someone who knows and executes SQL statements)
- A moderate understanding of web sites - primarily familiar with web security (IIS/Apache hardening)
- A moderate understanding of scripting or programming - mainly someone who has experience in what you can do with scripting, not necessarily a scripter
- Comfortable with fast-pace work, possibly already familiar with (Lean) Agile
- Great Research & Development skills.
- Experience in WRITING their own checklists or SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) for implementing security configurations.
- Hacktivist background.
Nice to Haves:
- Microsoft Certification (for the Windows-y folks); looking for MCSE (Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert) or MCSM (Microsoft Certified Solutions Master)
- CEH (Certified Ethical Hacker)
- A higher level of Security certification - CISSP, CASP, CISM
- Some form of Network certification - Network+, CCENT About Signature Consultants, LLC
Headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Signature Consultants was established in 1997 with a singular focus: to provide clients and consultants with superior staffing solutions. For the ninth consecutive year, Signature was voted as one of the 'Best Staffing Firms to Work For' and is now the 15th largest IT staffing firm in the United States (source: Staffing Industry Analysts). With 27 locations throughout North America, Signature annually deploys thousands of consultants to support, run, and manage their clients' technology needs. Signature offers IT staffing, consulting, managed solutions, and direct placement services. For more information on the company, please visit www.sigconsult.com.