We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Application Developer (Master) to join our team in Arlington, VA to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
In this role you will gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Designs, develops, enhances, debugs, and implements software. Troubleshoots production problems related to software applications.
- Researches, tests, builds, and coordinates the conversion and/or integration of new products based on client requirements. Designs and develops new software products or major enhancements to existing software.
- Addresses problems of systems integration, compatibility, and multiple platforms.
- Consults with project teams and end users to identify application requirements.
- Performs feasibility analysis on potential future projects to management.
- Assists in the evaluation and recommendation of application software packages, application integration and testing tools.
- Resolves problems with software and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements.
- Acts as team leader on projects.
- Instructs, assigns, directs, and checks the work of other software developers on development team.
- Participates in development of software user manuals.
- Has responsibility and accountability for the correctness, viability, and estimates for the infrastructure implementation-related services and components within their engagement.
- Is recognized within Unisys and/or external organizations as an expert in two or more of the specific infrastructure disciplines and is sufficiently knowledgeable to make implementation decisions and uses this knowledge to generate profitable revenue growth for Unisys.
- Seven (7+) years’ or more experience with Red Hat and JBoss Enterprise Server.
- Oracle PL/SQL Certified Associate or seven (7) years’ experience with Oracle PL/SQL.
- Experience implementing the MVC Development Methodology (Model/View/Controller)
- Experience implementing JEE applications and design patterns.
- Experience with Queuing concepts.
- Experience with developing and managing data models with data modeling tools.
- Experience designing and developing solutions with Java Platform Enterprise Edition (J2EE/JEE) in an Agile Software Development environment
- Technical proficiency with developing database queries, batch jobs, and stored procedures with PL/SQL and NoSQL
- Experience developing solutions using Message Services, including management of Apache ActiveMQ and IBM MQ Series.
- Experience developing applications with responsive web design frameworks to support multiple platforms including IE and Chrome. Responsive web design includes Bootstrap and Angular.
- Experience with all aspects of configuration management planning including configuration identification, change control, configuration status accounting, configuration audits, configuration documentation
- Experience working with users to define requirements and demonstrate solutions
- Experience designing and delivering complex, highly-scalable software components
- Bootstrap UI
- Cloud development (AWS technology stacks)
Desired Knowledge and Experience Includes:
- 7+ yrs Java JEE required
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or related field
- Developing 100% automated unit tests
- Agile development approach
- Strong understanding in SOA and MSA
- Superior written/oral communication skills and problem solving skills; ability to communicate information to a variety of groups at different technical skill levels
- Strong initiative: must be able to take a high-level requirement, ask questions/seek clarifications, and get the job done
- Ability to work in a high-pressured, tight-deadline environment
- Experience with WebLogic based environment is preferred
- Must be able to multitask efficiently and progressively and work comfortably in an ever-changing data environment
- Must work well in a team environment as well as independently
- Experience in high available, high-throughput application development is a plus.
U.S. CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Applied Mathematics or Computational Statistics preferred and a minimum of 10 years of related technology stack experience or equivalent.About Unisys
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.