The Applications Engineer will plan, design, and coordinate the application of TB Wood's and Ameridrives products into meeting the requirements of the customers. Interface with customers to establish all requirements and liaise with other departments within the company to turn the opportunities into successful and profitable orders and sales.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in development of new product design and design criteria.
- Provide technical support to customers and sales/customer service teams.
- Solve customer problems in the forms of customer inquiries, emails, or phone calls.
- Create engineered proposals and quotations for products as required.
- Review and record specific customer requirements on technical and commercial issues.
- Receive, review, and verify the requirements of project purchase orders and compare against the quote/proposal. Communicate with customer as appropriate and translate the requirements into company contract documents.
- Work closely with product, manufacturing, and production engineering groups to realize the customer requirements into order scope of supply.
- Support production on manufacturing related issues, including final witness testing arrangements, and request for deviation from specification to customer as applicable.
- Create and issue data books and other documentation when required.
- Investigate and troubleshoot application issues and gather relevant information to create and maintain technical documents such as product specs, data sheets, test procedures and certs.
- Conduct customer visits for sales and service calls and technical presentations.
- Attend trade shows and conferences for company, network with customers to build strong relationships and attain better knowledge of market, applications, competition, and trends.
- Calculate and evaluate load and stress calculations, and develop new programs as needed.
- Identify requirements and develop tests programs, occasionally conducting them personally or arranging with other departments.
- Provide input for application, product and service bulletins and product catalogs as required.
- Initiate PI and drawing change requests (ECNs) where appropriate for customer orders or design changes as required.
- Work on medium and long term development, engineering and product projects as assigned.
- Review product design for compliance with engineering principles and customer requirements.
- Safeguard trade secrets and proprietary information in accordance with company policy.
- The ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operation and maintenance instruction and procedure manuals
- Complex analytical thinking is a must in this position
- Requires good engineering knowledge
- Ability to write reports, operation instructions and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variable in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form
Education and Experience Requirements
- 4 Year Engineering or Technology Degree in a Manufacturing or Mechanical discipline
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in related power transmission products preferred
EEO Statement: The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Altra Industrial Motion Corp. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as an ''Altra Company.'' Altra Industrial Motion Corp. and all Altra Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. The ''EEO is the Law'' poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you have a disability and need assistance accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request assistance by sending an email
The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Altra Industrial Motion Corp. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as an ''Altra Company.'' Altra Industrial Motion Corp. and all Altra Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. The ''EEO is the Law'' poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process will have the opportunity to request accommodation during the application process.