Hilton Hawaiian Village is looking to add a vital member to their Engineering leadership team!! An Assistant Director of Property Operations is responsible for assisting the Director in overseeing the functionality and safety of the facility to protect the well-being of all guests and team members in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
Set across five towers, the 4 star Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort has 2860 spacious guest rooms, over 150,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor event space, and is home to over 1800 team members. Set among a tropical landscape covering 22 acres, our hotel boasts Waikiki's widest and most spectacular white sand beach as well as Waikiki's only saltwater lagoon. Our property is also home to the world class Mandara Spa and over 20 restaurants and bars.
What will I be doing?
As Assistant Director of Property Operations, you would be responsible for assisting the Director in overseeing the functionality and safety of the facility to protect the well-being of all guests and team members in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Assist in directing and overseeing the functionality and safety of the facility, including, but not limited to, physical buildings, mechanical equipment, electrical systems, heating and cooling systems, life safety systems and grounds according to federal, state and local regulations
- Conduct facility inspections and direct general construction and the installation, maintenance and repair of all electrical, mechanical and architectural systems throughout the facility to ensure operational efficiency and safety
- Assign, verify and document completion of all routine maintenance and repairs in the property maintenance management system
- Communicates with city/county/state officials to ensure the proper maintenance of permits and licenses, to coordinate required inspections and to ensure full compliance with codes, regulations and safety standards
- Assists in the execution of capital projects and property rehabilitations
- Assist in monitoring and developing team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision, scheduling, conducting counseling and evaluations, providing professional development and delivering recognition and reward
- Recruit, interview and train team members
- Acts in absence of the Director
- Leads special projects, as needed
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!