Are you looking to level up your career and join a hard-working motivated plant management team in a fast-paced working environment? Are you passionate about teaching and developing those around you and creating a motivated, positive workspace? Then you could be our next Assistant Plant Manager. This role will report to the Operations Manager and assist them in the overall operation of the department, strategy development, and in providing functional direction to supervisors. We will look to you to roll up your sleeves and truly get involved in production processes, including necessary troubleshooting and project improvement.
This is a great opportunity to lead continuous improvement and to play a real role in delivering and sustaining profitable growth.
• Direct all activities related to operations and production in accordance with Global Supply Chain’s business plan and the strategic goals of the Company and business units.
• Collaborates with Operations Manager and sets strategic goals and vision for the site, as well as short- and long-term production goals.
• Directs and manages the overall production plan for the operation, including supervising the day-to-day operations that come with implementation.
• Collaborates with functional area managers on the determination of materials, space, equipment and personnel needs as well as the development and implementation of processes, procedures, assignment and execution of functional responsibilities, and determination of budget and costs constraints.
• Evaluates performance against production goals and adjusts allocations of resources (e.g., personnel, equipment, materials) as needed to optimize quality and amount of equipment, machinery and components produced, market share of customers, quality of services provided, and cost-efficiency of operations.
• Initiates engineering projects and new product launches.
• Leads Lean Improvement projects and acts as the liaison between Lean Improvement personnel and their respective groups.
• Manages direct reports, assigns work to staff, provides coaching and training, sets goals, is accountable for performance evaluation, plans staff development, and makes and approves people management decisions either alone or in collaboration with management and HR.
Job Skills & Qualifications:
• Able to work both independently and within a team, generating results with general/minimal guidance from management
• Green Belt Certification preferred
• Demonstrated ability to effectively apply MS Excel and other analysis tools to real-world problem-solving
• Must be flexible, innovative and comfortable in setting own priorities
• Good understanding of Lean manufacturing principles
• Emphasizes Safety
• Bachelor Degree Required
• Minimum of 5 years of relevant manufacturing work experience