Job Description: Assoc Project Manager
Location: Irvine, CA
Position Type: 12+ Months
Candidates must have an Engineering background; the project management experience can be taught.
- Manages large scale projects within program
- Facilitates the creation and approval of business cases within the program, and coordinates the sharing and prioritization of resources among projects
- Establishes and maintains program stakeholder relationships, expectations, and communications, both internal and external to the organization
- Develops a high-level milestone plan for the program and manages program change in accordance with the change management plan to control scope, quality, schedule, cost, and contracts
- Executes project plans (quality, risk, communication, staffing, etc.) and communicate project status and data in order to maintain accurate and current program information for the use of stakeholders
- Serves as a project and program management subject matter expert, and develops expertise in a business process, professional discipline, market or product
- Communicate issues and project deliverables and status to stakeholders (management, team members)
- Sending meeting minutes
- Identify risks and issues
- Running and Planning Meetings
- Initiates, plans, executes, controls and manages all aspects of project(s) to ensure ultimate project success.
- BS in Biomedical, Mechanical, Electrical o similar Engineering Required
- 2-5-year experience as a PM (or a mixture of engineering, project coordination and analysis who understands Project Management) (preferred)
- Experience managing/leading new product development/introduction projects (engineering, aerospace, biotech, pharma, medical devices)
- Manufacturing Project Management or Product Transfer Experience Preferred.
- Will be managing 1-2 projects at any given time
- Will need strong experience with MS Project and MS Office
- Able to coordinate with cross functional teams